1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Pioneer 108 wont copy DVDs ?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by efkki, Sep 5, 2004.

1. efkki

efkki Member

Please can anyone help me - I am a complete novice to DVD/CD burning and thought I was doing well buying a 108. First problem was, that it didn't come with any software - an OEM (off the shelf)version or something.

After making various enquiries, I found out that I needed Nero - I "sourced" Nero 6, which I then updated via web to 6.3.1.20.

I am now able to copy CDs with no problems at all, but every time I try to copy a DVD, I get this message:-
    "Unfortunately your source CD has a special format which cannot be written. Sorry, but copying must be aborted here."

Clicking "OK" at this point, closes the process & both the source disk and the blank are spat out.

I know that it can't be right as it's copied DVDs that I'm trying to copy, not originals.

Please can anyone help - remember that my pc/burning knowledge is limited.

2. nem3sis__

nem3sis__ Member

3. efkki

efkki Member

Unfortunately, this didn't help, as the problems discussed in that thread involved burning at low speeds etc - my drive can't even read the source CD - and I've tried a few different source disks!!! HELP!!!