1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my poor little xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by iknowuc, Feb 14, 2007.

1. iknowuc

iknowuc Guest

ok i have a stock xbox and i tried to add a usb port to it i followed all the instructions on how to do it my xbox is not modded or anything only thing close to being modded is that i had to open up the xbox to do it but now after i finished installing the usb port i connected everything back together when i tried to turn it on it would blink green then turn off blink green again then off again the blink green 1 more time and then turn orange and stays flashing orange but the disk drive does still open and close but the only way to turn it off is to remove the power plug can you please help me so i dont have to go out nd by a new xbox i have all my saves on this 1 thanks

2. iknowuc

iknowuc Guest

please someone me

3. Ulti

Ulti Member

I'm by no means an expert but I came across this useful thread:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/210562

The second post specifically talks about flashing lights and what they mean. In your case (flashing orange), it says you need to check for solder splashes.

HTH.

4. iknowuc

iknowuc Guest

but i didnt solder

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Did you remember to plug the fan back in?

Otherwise check for shorts in your wiring, specifically between the red and any other wires that you have spliced..

6. iknowuc

iknowuc Guest

yes i did plug the fan back in