1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My re-install deleted ALL files that started with letters E-Z, wtf???

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by delatone, Apr 4, 2007.

1. delatone

delatone Member

Hi, I own a music program called Reason, and the other day it wouldn't open because of a "read problem." Now, I re-installed the program and after I did this, something very odd happened. The songs that I had previously produced and saved in a certain folder (Reason/songs folder) which began with the letters A-D were still in the folder, but every song that started with letters E-Z were no longer in the folder. I checked to see if they were hidden files, nothing came up. I had backed up my hard-drive a few months back, so I went to copy the songs (E-Z)from my back-up, back into my original Reason/songs folder, and that's when ANOTHER odd thing happened. It asked me if I wanted to overwrite the files, the E-Z files that aren't showing up in the folder anymore! I tried copying numerous songs in the E-Z category from my backup source, and the destination folder (Reason/songs) kept saying that I would be overwriting these files that are NOWHERE to be found. This must mean that the files are still in my hard drive, but for some reason won't reveal themselves. Does ANYBODY have any idea how to retrieve these files or bring them back to life, since they are now ghosts floating around somewhere in my folder? Phewww that was a lot of typing : )

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

They may be hidden.
    Still don't know what this has to do with Shrink.

3. delatone

delatone Member

I was just trying to start a new post...sorry did i do that in the wrong place? I just joined.

4. XweAponX

XweAponX Member

Yah HAHAHA I'll say you missed, by way more than a mile AHAHA!

This Phorum is all about the DVD-Ripping and Copying program called DVD Shrink and related issues.

However, I am phamiliar with Reason. I do NOT know why a reinstall of Reason would cause a System-Wide disappearance of all files E to Z.

Sounds like you got a huge problem bub. Is this a Computer tech problem, a Reason tech problem, or just a general Whoppo Glogitty Poo Problem. E-Hehehe!

Now lemme see if I can decipher this:

REASON will not read those philes, which are what... MP3s? WAVS? Aiff? Sound Designer II? Huh? What? Eh?

Or...
    WINDOWS will not read those files?

Or...
    MACOSX.5 will not read those files?

Try a Reason users group, gotta be one somewhere.

Try the PROPELLERHEADS Website, they make Reason eh?

http://propellerheads.com or what...

NO! It is... It is...

http://www.propellerheads.se/

Ahahaha!

They have a users forum quorum bada bing, bada BLAM.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

When you opened the folder was it in full screen mode,sometimes if a window is not fullscreen you have to use the verticle & horizontal sliders to bring other objects into view
    i.e
    you have a full folder but delete all contents in the centre,there will now be a gap between the top row and bottom,failing that just overwrite,or just use the search function for that folder it should then bring them into view

6. delatone

delatone Member

I just heard back from propellerheads, and they told me to use a disk management tool to see if any errors are present, although I don't know what a disk management tool consists of. I want to do a system restore, but I turned system restore off two weeks ago (arrrrrr!), and now it won't even let me go back pick a restore that I DID have saved recently, like March 5th of this year. Anyone know how I can retrieve an old system restore at this point, or have any other ideas of what may work? Sorry if I'm bothering anyone in the dvd shrink discussion, if so I apologize and will try to find the right forum.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread teleported to relevant forum.
    and xweaponx - another less than helpful 'post' from you i see. am looking into your other posts, so far i see no reason for you to be a member of this site..