1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my resulting kvcd mpg has shorter play time than original the original avi

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by manyone, Oct 22, 2004.

1. manyone

manyone Member

i have a 45 minute avi which goes through the following to become a kvcd
    1. separate source into avi and wav using virtualdub
    2. use tmpgenc to compress the avi to m1v with one of the kvcd templates
    3. compress wav to mp2 using besweet at 128 bitrate
    4. use tmpgenc to mux the m1v and mp2 back into mpg

the kvcd file only runs for 34 minutes plus the audio is out of synch! (the play times of the avi, m1v and mp2 are all the same). i've tried all kinds of other combinations, options or other mux,demux software with same result.

however, if i first convert the avi to mpg using winavi, then demux the mpg into m1v and mp2, then recompress the m1v and mp2 for kvcd as before, then mux back to mpg, everything is ok. no play time loss.

what am i doing wrong in the avi->kvcd process?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004
  2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I'm sorry, I don't even know what a KVCD is. But you can re-encode the M1V to the MP2 with TMPGenc, clicking 'browse' after the video input (and selecting the .M1V file) and clicking 'browse' after the audio input (and selecting the .MP2 file).
    It takes a little longer, but I had a similar problem when I tried muxing a video with a .M2V audio file I modified myself, and doing that I solved everything.