1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Roms and Emus

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Teardrop, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Teardrop

Teardrop Member

Here's the deal, I'm running the latest evox. I have self installed emulators, but no roms. So aside from FTPing crap, since my personal pc is crap, Is there an easy way to get roms on to the xbox. I tried buring them to a disc and than doing the dvd2xbox copy and I even managed to get them in the /games folder, but it always puts' them in a sub folder labeled /dvd2xbox first and I think that is why it can't read them or maybe I'm just dumb Help if you can thnx!

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

when you install an emulator to an xbox, it functions just like all other xbox programs/apps, ie the default.xbe launches the emulator, and the ini points to where its located.
    with emulators , depending on which one it is, you have folder called, "roms" or "sgenroms" (neogenesis) etc, either way theyre stored in a folder, WITHIN the emulator
    the easiest way probably, is get your emulator folder on your desktop, put the roms in their respective folder (leave the roms zipped for mame0x, kawax etc, unzip them for genesis , nes etc)
    and when you have your emulator , with your roms. Its a good idea, if you havent already, to add a line on the evox ini in the menu. You can easily see how this is done, by opening your evox.ini and look how the other areas of the menu are setup. I cant really show you because , depending on how you have it set, evo.ini can be different regarding the menu.
    A guide to the evox.ini can be found here
    http://vidgms4me.tripod.com/xbox/The_Complete_Evox_ini_Guide.html
    take a look at the menu section, and you can see how the root and paths work, and open folders that correspond to the command.
    You could put a folder called "emulators" in f:\apps
    etc and store all your emulators in there.
    then change the menu to "go to" that path on a selected , menu item such as
    Section "Lauch Emulators"
    {
    AutoAddItem "f:\apps\emulators\"
    }
    once you get the hang of it, ts pretty straight forward, and you can customise your menu to read how you want.
    Now to make a disc, its even easier
    all you do is have your emulator (with roms in the roms folder) and create an iso with quix or craxtion, then burn to readable media for your xbox.(if you have space on your pc, save the folder in case you want to add roms at a later time and make another iso) Try to get as many roms as you can if youre using dvdr, as itll save you wasting discs to add more.
    If your xbox reads it, might be a good idea to put them on a cdrw or dvdrw, then when you want to add more, you can re record over the same disc
    Its better to put the emulator AND roms on the disc, as opposed to just the roms, because then it will auto find the roms when the disc launches. Youre just running the whole thing from a disc.

have fun

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Ignorance isn't bliss.....It's just costly![/small]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  3. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

djboogie, That information and links you provided is brillient. I am still abit unsure about something and would appreciate if you could help. for example I am using Avalaunch dashboard and when I bootup it goes to avalunch Main Menu and displays options like "My Videos", "My Games", "Apps" etc you get the hint. Now what I want to do is Add a menu for XBMC, so when I boot I have a "XBMC" link in the main menu alongside other options. Because at present if I wanna play any vidoes I have to go to Apps and then select XBMC. Also when I go to my apps I get list of the applications like XBMC,XBMP,DVDx2 etc but there is 2 instances of each entry.

Final question, where can I download emulators to install on my xbox.

would really appreciate if you can help.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  4. hetrax

hetrax Guest

Can someone please give me a link as to where I can find some good roms for my Cxbx-0.7.8c Xbox emulator?

5. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

hetrax, what is the Cxbx-0.7.8c Xbox emulator? can you tell me where I can get other emulators for my xbox for SegaMega Drive and etc, I can give u a link as to where you can roms for SNES, psx, Sega