1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my screen is black after flash, now what?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by hsweb, Jan 24, 2004.

1. hsweb

hsweb Member

my screen is black after flash, now what? i finally got my chameleon mod installed, and burned the bios from http://www.xodus-chip.com/ and it flashed fine, but after restart my screen is black, what the hell happened? can i format the chip and do it again? i have no idea what to do. should i have used a different bios? did i use the wrong bios? i really have no clue and any help would be greatly appreciated. i've spent the past week trying to figure this all out and it is very frustrating. thank you

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

You'll need to find a working bios like Evox M7 or Executer bios. After you got that try putting the dip switches of the chip to start on bank2 as it should bring up the cromwell screen you got at the beginning. Now burn your bios and flash it like you did and when it reboots turn it off and put all the dip switches to their normal position and turn it on again... should work.

(www.x-b-o-x.net)

3. hsweb

hsweb Member

sorry bro, still stuck, this is beginning to hurt...

hi, thank u for your help, but i've just tried all the dip switch settings and nothing seems to work. all it does is beep twice and then start flashing a red and green light around the eject button and nothing else happens. the bios i tried to install before was only 256k in size. i have no idea what has happened. can you think of anything else i can try? god, i hope so...

4. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Either hot swap on a friends modded xbox to flash with evolutionx dashboard or get yourself an external programmer (this is the easiest and safest method). If anyone else has a better idea please contribute.

5. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

relax, i have a friend that has a chameleon i will ask him today, im going to see him to flash a onboard tsop, my preferred method now,matix collecting dust on shelf. when you turn chip off does it still boot like it did before -original M$ dash. all is not lost believe me i've seen a bunch of error codes in the last couple of months. just keep reading. what size is the chip you have i know a matrix is 256 .chameleon is 256 also? i thought they were bigger.im going to check now

6. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

With the chameleon you can use 256 and 512... I use 256 and everything is fine that way and it has worked great with two other xbox I've done