1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my socket 939 outdated?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by boneslave, Jan 30, 2007.

1. boneslave

boneslave Guest

About november I bought my computer in pieces from newegg, everything was going smoothly until I went to turn it on, nothing happen, no power nothing. So I sent my motherboard back and ordered another MB. Alais something went wrong with this one as well, everything comes on like it is suppose to but my monitor stays black. Its not my monitor or GC so that leaves my MB. But when I went to buy my 3rd MB my local retailer said 939 MBs were outdated and they dont carry them anymore. So now im just screwed, I mean in just what 2 months my lexus of computers turned into a volvo?

2. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Its true 939 is now outdated to the newer AM2. However i still use 939 and it runs pretty fast. You can grab a tonne of 939 boards on newegg. Also out of intrest what proc is it?

3. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

@boneslave,

Did you plug in the 4 pin CPU power connector?

4. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

The one thing I haven't seen anyone here mention is the PSU, you can do a quick and easy test by doing the following. Disconnect the psu from all hardware and take the main atx connecter and short pins 14&15 instructions here: http://www.duxcw.com/faq/ps/ps4.htm If you've already done this then forgive, but if not then maybe that will answer your question. I'm running a socket 939 athlon 64 3500+ (clawhammer) and extremely happy with it. So yeah, it may not be the best of the best anymore, but it's still very good.
    --EDIT--
    I also meant to mention to fully test that you can get a psu tester, or hook same psu up to another system or vice versa, also you can check it with a multimeter to make sure that everything's doing what it should be doing.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007