1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Softmodded xbox questions , please answer

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by DrXthirst, Feb 23, 2006.

1. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

I've SOFTmodded my xbox and I modded 2 maps. They have been working fine for at least 2 weeks now. They were working fine last night and it was like overnight they quit working , but here's the thing. My xbox wont load 1 SINGLE MAP. NOT ONE. MODDED OR UNMODDED. IT WONT LOAD ONE. If anyone can help me , please help.

2. cearel

cearel Guest

you probly deleted them some how, just get the dash back on you hard drive and then try again

3. HurtDonit

HurtDonit Regular member

Ok
    ur putting them in the umm wrong folders so just write down which maps are in which folder

btw u need to delet the off ur HDD and reload the maps off XBL

4. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

I am putting them in the right folder. I am going into /E/Games/Halo2/Maps. I delete the old maps and put in the new&modded maps. I hit refresh then start the game. I have no clue what has happened , because , I took off the modded map and I put the original back on and it wont even load the original.

5. HurtDonit

HurtDonit Regular member

No ur not putting them in the right sub folder
    the ones with a whole buch of random numbers and if you are(you might)
    u need to delete them off you HDD from the Green dash the reload them off Xbox Content Downloader... Then reapply the ppfs to the maps then use CMR and then FTP to XBOX

6. cearel

cearel Guest

make sure you resign them

7. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Do I have to resign them? and I know I am putting them in the right folder. Ill make a video of it if you want me to.

8. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

This morning I woke up and I deleted all of the files from halo 2 that were on my hard drive (of my xbox) and reloaded them onto the xbox. It still wont work. Please Help me

9. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Is there a way that I can delete EVERYTHING from my hard drive and start over? And I dont think that using my backup will work , because the other day (after this happened) I went to the backup to try and get my files working again , but all it did was backup my xbox to where it was now , so now my backup files are messed up too. And is it normal for my xbox's temperature to be 207.3 degrees? Somebody please help me.

10. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

I got to thinking and I was wondering if it would help if anyone could teach me how to get the MS dashboard to work again , so that I could put the linux file back on there and so I could just start over?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2006
  11. HurtDonit

HurtDonit Regular member

Its not that resign them with CMR its like magic you can get it from and link in my sig that says programs! And if you need any more help go to the link for my modding tut (not saying you need to re-learn how to mod) but just cross refrence while you do all the stuff.

12. cearel

cearel Guest

yea just try to resign them

13. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Ok , well , do I have to use CMR? Because I used Same Sig and they still didnt work. And by the way , it should load the Original Maps anyway shouldnt it?

14. cearel

cearel Guest

yea they should

15. HurtDonit

HurtDonit Regular member

CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR CMR

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  16. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Okay , and so , what do I do if it doesnt work? If I buy a new xbox , will mods still work , because if its a new one , then wont microsoft have patched the bugs?

17. HurtDonit

HurtDonit Regular member

what the F*** are you talking about use CMR its a map resigner use that and you maps will work!

18. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Okay , I will try , but it might be something I did wrong when I modded the xboxes , because a couple of days ago , I went over to my friends house(I modded his xbox too) and he was having the same problems I am. His xbox wont load a single map. I dunno whats happening or what Im doing wrong , but I will try using your suggestion. Thanks , thirst.

19. cearel

cearel Guest

im enterested in buying broken boxes so if urs is broke hit me up on pm

20. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Um , ok , well , can I pay YOU to fix it ... instead of you just buying it?