1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Sounds Messed Can Anybody Help Out?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by owen420, Dec 16, 2004.

1. owen420

owen420 Member

hey wats up
    well to start i got a AMD AthlonXP 2400+ (333Mhz FSB) (witch I Just Replaced Case My 1700+ Blew)
    A GigaByte GA-7VAX MotherBoard (Dual Bios)
    256MB DDR Ram
    32MB Ati Radeon 7000 AGP 8x (1.5V)
    48x16x48 Benq Burner
    6 Channel On Board Sound
    Windows XP Pro SP2 Build 2600

and anyways to get to the point i had to replace my 1700+ case it blew playing half life 2 so i just got a new processor and now one of the channels on my sound card doesnt work i dont no wat it could be i checked the pins and the drivers are fine i no its not my windows installation because i use ad aware, kaspersky personal, system mechanic 5 and diskeeper and all that shit i keep it clean and i just reloaded it when i got the new processor and it was working fine anybody got any ideas it would help me out i also checked the plug and nothing seems wrong with that or any of my wiring

anyways post back or talk to me on my site http://bradyplanet.tk
    thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if your old cpu blew might have caused damage to onboard sound & possible other parts of board but hadn't shown it's ugly head yet. try uninstalling sound, restart & reinstall sound. i presume you tried different speakers on plug.
    you might want to get rid of your site address or you might be hearing some thunder approaching

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004