1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My VCD-movies becomes all fucked up when it has passed about 33 min.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Pozzaja, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Pozzaja

Pozzaja Member

When I burn my VCDs, even if I use RamBooster or not while burning, my movies gets all fucked up in the end. The first 33 mins looks and sounds great, but then they get all fussy and impossible to watch. Anyone who thinks they can help me?? My only suggestion about what it might be, is that my computer runs out of ram when burning and therefor can't get the last part of the disk perfectly written.. PLEASE help me out here...

2. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

I don't think your computer is running out of ram. If you can write the first 33 minutes, then you should be able to write the rest.

On the surface at least, it seems you have a burner problem. It may be that your laser-assembly mechanism is off-kilter. It may not be aligned accurately enough. Have you used it a lot? It may need to be adjusted. (Or more likely, replaced). May as well get a new burner if the assembly has screwed up. CD burners are at an all-time low price now that recordable dvds are picking up steam.

(I make vcds too. Never had a 'fuzzy' one though).

Actually, I don't know why your picture would go all fuzzy. In theory, it should either work great, or not work at all.

-- A_Klingon --

3. Pozzaja

Pozzaja Member

Well, my CD-burner is about two weeks old, and it functions really well when I'm burning MP3s or vcds whitch is more than one file, like a vcd whit 3 friends-episodes on it... So I don't think it's anything wrong with the burner... Hope someone can help me out here.. PS: does anyone know of a program whitch can cut mpg-files in half..?