1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My video and audio are going out of sequence

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Sarah18, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Sarah18

Sarah18 Member

Hi,
    I hope this is the right forum for my problem.
    I'm using TV out card (Flyview TV prime 30) to capture video from my video player so i can transfer to DVD, but when ive saved it as media type after about 15 mins the sound and video go out of sequence. After 45 mins there is about a 1 sec delay. This is really bugging and am on the verge of chucking the computer out the window lol.....

Sarah x

2. GymRatt

GymRatt Guest

I am experiencing the same thing using a Pinnacle USB card and Pinnacle Stuido 10.7. I at first thought it was a problem capturing directly to DVD, but have tried capturing directly to MPG and see the same type of thing.

3. attar

attar Senior member

4. Sarah18

Sarah18 Member

Thanks,
    Im reading it now looks like the problem could be sorted very soon.

Sarah x

5. GymRatt

GymRatt Guest

Attar, I looked at the lower setting in pinnacle for catpure and I believe VCD has like a 320X320 size. Is this still appropriate?

6. attar

attar Senior member

I think so (for North America).I think PAL areas are different.
    You can either burn it to cd and and see if the quality suits or try a conversion to DVD from SVCD.

http://www.afterdawn.com/faq/convert_video_to_dvd/how_to_convert_svcd_to_dvd.cfm

Ideally you would have the PC working only on video recording shutting down all other non-essential tasks from the Task Manager and hope that it doesn't drop any frames.

I have only copied from tape to a standalone recorder which seems to be immune to this problem or if it does show up it's a constant delay and is easy to correct.

7. GymRatt

GymRatt Guest

Ok, last night I did some experiments and used the lowest quality setting for MPG and found that at some point it looses a lot of frames. I followed the reference doc and made sure I rebooted and unloaded any unnecessary stay resident programs. Since this does not occur on every tape, my deduction is that these two tapes have some issues that may not effect viewing normally, but do effect recording to a digital source. Basically GIGO, and there is nothing I can do to fix it.

Thanks for all your help!

8. GymRatt

GymRatt Guest

Seems my problem was related to the VHS player. I purchased a new VHS/DVD player combo, and the out of sync issue went away.