1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My videos are missing red color

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ogerman, Dec 29, 2004.

1. ogerman

ogerman Member

When I play any DVD on any one of my DVD players (I have about 5 to choose from) The colour is whacked

It seems to missing the red. anything that should be red is a light blue. It only happens to the actual video, the player it self has all the colours, my desktop is fine and if I open a picture file the pictures look fine,

I also tried AVI's and such in Windows Media player and they too are missing red colour.

I tried changing the video settings and resolution but it made no difference.

If I look at the Display settings it has 32 bit

When I start the DVD player my display Settings seems to change automaticly (screen goes black and I hear a click and then the screen comes back) and then when I close the DVD player it changes back.

I am stumped.....any ideas what I can do?

thanks, this problem just started today, they worked fine before

fred

2. Ennis

Ennis Member

I am having a similar problem. Can anyone please help?
    (Sorry for the bump, but I've been trying to fix this for ages and ages and this post seemed a shimmering beacon of aid, until I saw its lack of replies.)

3. colw

colw Active member

Possibly due to original recording on poor quality/crap media. What brands are you using?

Have you put labels on your DVD's?

If yes to either of the above, it will lead to playback problems.

4. BusterT

BusterT Member

Apparently It's a video driver problem. I had the same thing happen and tried swiching DVD drives and using different playback software to no avail. Out of curiosity, I uninstalled my video driver and let XP install the default Microsoft driver and the playback is normal now. I'm using the onboard video which is S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR. I hope this helps.