1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My X-BIT Experience

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Hrdrk20, Feb 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

I just installed my X-BIT modchip on a V1.1 Box with a Thompson DVD drive. I used the M7ef bios and flashed it to both slots in bank 4. The chip worked the first time I installed it and I didn't have to wiggle it around to get a flashing green light.

The flashing software did not work on my XP home laptop and it kept freezing. I used my 98Se desktop and it worked without flaw.

The chip performs no differently than my V1.0 Matrix. All of my latest backups work fine.

When the stealth mode switch is on, I get an error 13.
    Since I am not into XLive I don't really care about it but will try to find out how to correct the problem. Also there is nowhere to put the circuit board with the dipswitches. In the installation photo, it looks like they crazy-glued it to the back of the box. Since I will probably want to open it up and remove the harddrive, this is not an option for me. For now I just have it hanging it from the side. I pushed in the black and yellow wires so there would not be too much hanging out.

For the price ($60-$70 + shipping) I believe the chip is not worth the price and would not purchase another one. I bought one just to evaluate it. I also have an Xecuter 2.2 that I will try and solder but did not begin to install it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.