1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My XBOX DASHBOARD ERASED

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by agentbrs, Jan 18, 2006.

1. agentbrs

agentbrs Guest

If i pay someone can the send me the dvd with the xbox dashboard installer?

2. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

sure il do it but id rather first no why u cant do it urself.

3. agentbrs

agentbrs Guest

I don't know what site to download the program from and I also do not have a dvd burner, but I have a cd burner. I don't even know what the program is called.

4. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

rite well as i said in my pm il do ti for u for free, but id like some money for the postage.

5. agentbrs

agentbrs Guest

If you have paypal I can transfer the money through there or If you tell me your bank name I might be able to transfer the money. Could give me a summary on how and what the disc will have on it. Will the disc you send me restore my xbox dashboard?

6. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

could u jsut send me the money in an envelope? i dont have paypal and yes this disk will have everything on it. Btw may I ask how your xbox got broken in the first place? And also wuts ur current setup wiht the modchip?

7. agentbrs

agentbrs Guest

On evolutionX I tried to turn off the soft mod and somewhere I clicked and It erased my xbox dashboard

8. Adnel

Adnel Guest

Probably the same thing that happened to him happened to me. I was experimenting traying to install a new Dash Board and boooooom!!!!!!!!!!! out of no where my xbox didn't whant to work. I brough my xbox to my repairmen and he said that I erased my operating system wich is the Dash Board. I am as messed up as he is please help us and give us some positive stuff.

9. agentbrs

agentbrs Guest

Adnel does a service required error number 13 pop up?

10. Adnel

Adnel Guest

Actually yes it did on the top left of the screen. sometimes it pops up and sometime it dosn't. I didn't only get that number though. But I m sure we have the same problem.

11. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

okay im gonna just tell u how to do this. You can fit the files onto a cd-rw, xbox's do read those. You have two programs u can download, Slayer's auto installer, and AID 2.11 (auto installer deluxe) dont no if AID will fit but slayer's will. slayer is smaller and has the latest micosoft dashboard. and i think it has an auto softmod section or maybe that AID im thinking about anyway get these files using xbins to download a torrent file then use a bittorrent client to download these files.
    how to get and usre xbins, one of the modder's best friends, http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  12. agentbrs

agentbrs Guest

Can you tell me "step by step" how I put these files and how I get them on to a CD, if you have a hotmail or if you have a sprint or nextel cell phone that would help me contact you easier.

13. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

in the folder u download there is an iso u get dvd decryptor http://www.hackdabox.com/downloads.html and then u burn it at 1x speed.
    to write cds w/dvd decryptor go to mode then iso then select write.thats all, and be sure to burn at 1x speed, it affects whether the disk will work or not. good luck.
    p.s. ive given u my email addres like 3 times by private message and iv also given my aim screen. and one more time its superperry777.

14. agentbrs

agentbrs Guest

Could you go onto AIM right now?

15. kalama11

kalama11 Guest

dude i also need some serious HELP! i softmodded my using mechassault and used the softmod installer deluxe. i backed up my ms and installed softmod, then i chose evox and put it in my "c" drive and then i got it. then somehow i deleted my xbox dashboard. if anyone knows anyway or can send me files or a disc to restore it please notify me and tell if u can. try email me at i'manidiot.com edited by ddp i will pay you if you can help me out.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2006
  16. kalama11

kalama11 Guest

also i have the sid (softmod installer deluxe) file on my harddrive also and i can acess evox dash when powered on and the sid control panel ( ex. install softmod, install evox, etc. ) i dont think i can ftp and i can go onto xbox live. please again if anyone can help me reply or email me at i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2006
  17. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

@kalama u need to burn SID to a dvd-r or cd-rw at ix speed then open u r xbox, turn it off and reboot with it in the drive. It should boot.
    @agentbrs srry ive been really busy with high school but il try and get to u on aim, no more mic hcat though, my mic is busted. U should pm kalama and ask about where he got SID if u follow my instructions that i gave him, it should work for you to.

18. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Try to cold boot the xbox, this should allow you to still play games and use whatever game you used to install the mod. Hopefully you still have the hack save on the HDD right?!?! And please tell me you have a backup of C and E drives on your PC!?! If so, just boot the game, run the save hack to gain ftp access, then transfer ove rthe backed up files.

19. kalama11

kalama11 Guest

ok i softmodded my xbox with sid and i got the save game files that i used to get to the install screen. i just want to get my ms dashboard back so i can play xbox live. i just got the aid v2.11 and i dont no how to copy it to my cd-rw or dvd-rw using dvd decrypter help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzz. like i sid before i will pay people if the help me.

20. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

no paying needed here in dvd decryptor go to mode then ISO then write.