1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My XBOX DASHBOARD ERASED

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by agentbrs, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Papabass

Papabass Member

@cjcinci. You have to re-run your softmod then delete the ms dash then either put in an xbox live game or download it from xbins or other sites. Also you MUST turn off your parental control.

2. cjcinci

cjcinci Guest

ok thanks papabass but how do i turn of the parental controll and re install soft mod sorry im new to this i bought the xbox cheap and have realy no clue how to install or uninstall anything. when i get into parenal controll i get a green tunnal. is there somewere else the parental controll is besides the ms dash?

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

@ csosq..sorry for the lateness..

Your disk looks right, the new dash files go in the folder C:

For the hotswap go into your pc bios settings and set the hdd detection to auto....xbox hdm does it differently anyway, it doesn't matter if the pc reports the wrong size for the drive, as long as it finds something..

First thing to do is get the eeprom.bin file off the drive, copy it somewhere safe..you will ned it to lock the drive again, or just hotswap back...read all the data that comes with xboxhdm carefully, especially the warnings about playing about with the drive locking tools...better still if you can..print all the readme's and tutorials..it's only about 7 pages...

4. csosq

csosq Guest

Its alright Jan. I got so frustrated with it after spending a few days trying to get the PC to find the HD. That I sent it in for repair. It should have been back right now so I am wondering what is going on. But I will keep that in mind next time I buy a broken xbox or my xbox breaks.

5. Maxwell07

Maxwell07 Guest

thekingo7
    plz plz plz plz plz sent me a copy of the disc that you r sending to agentbrs because i need to also i messed my xbox up the same way.

i will tell u my address through msn
    my email is "eastindian_boss@hotmail.com"

6. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Either a whole new generation of morons are modding or people are just careless! How in the hell could you delete files you need for the Xbox to run properly in the first place. Lesson learned here,

If it looks important or you dont know what the file is.....DONT TOUCH IT!

7. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

Ok i got a box that my friend tried to softmod. He didnt do it right so he tried to delete it, but he deleted the dashboard and system files i think... I read about the slayers auto installer and stuff, but i also read that you need a modchip to do that. I DO NOT have a modchip, is there anyway to do this?

8. janrocks

janrocks Guest

First *sigh*we'll all start again.....how was it softmodded, and do you still have that game??, if your friend f***** it up then go get the game off him...Load the game and load the save that says "linux"..and that will do...otherwise put live enabled game in(halo2 or something..dont connect it to the internet, thats not what we are doing)..and go to the live update bit...it will say "updating settings"when it finishes you should be ok....

If for some reason that doesnt work or you are getting error 5..

go here and look at "error 16"

http://my.afterdawn.com/thereturn/

look at the tutorials..

then go here

http://www.llamma.com

and follow the same ideas..go look in the forums and then go to the hard disk section..don't take any notice of the unlocking stuff on the frontpage...look for things with my name on 'em..

9. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

i think its pretty much screwe cause, it wont load a game when inserted. Unless there is a way to format a new hardrive?

10. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

he used the Linux Mod, the one that you get from the xbins

11. janrocks

janrocks Guest

So what is it doing??

Put like halo2 in turn, it off and turn it on again...Then post back

Comment for self * edited for language*

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2006
  12. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

a screen that says call for assistance in every language you can imagine

13. janrocks

janrocks Guest

OK there is a number in the top left of the screen...whassat?

14. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

well when it first went ba it was 21, but now its 13

15. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

I dont know if this is possible, but this is what i would like to do.
    I have an old hard drive from an old computer as set it up as a slave disk on my current PC and cleared everything on the drive. Right now there is nothing on it. I wanted to see if i could download an auto installer and install it from my computer and then just plug it into the xbox. Im thinking this will work, but im not sure of how to exactly do this. I want to use slayers auto install.

16. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

Im sorry, I didnt mean to say Slayers .... I just want to do an original microsoft dashboard!

17. Eckernom

Eckernom Guest

Hi I wrote in this forum a while back saying it would be cool to make a millennium falcon xbox. Well I did and now it is on ebay. Yal should check it out. The item # is edited by ddp. Hope yal like it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2006
  18. janrocks

janrocks Guest

@ mexiboy.. Check out any post by TheReturn..Look in his sig at the bottom..there you will find a link to tutorials how to fix error 12,13,15,16..

I will check back in later with links for info and advice..

19. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

Ok But as i posted above.... "I dont know if this is possible, but this is what i would like to do.
    I have an old hard drive from an old computer as set it up as a slave disk on my current PC and cleared everything on the drive. Right now there is nothing on it. I wanted to see if i could download an auto installer and install it from my computer and then just plug it into the xbox. Im thinking this will work, but im not sure of how to exactly do this."

Do you know anyhing about doing this?
    get back to me ASAP

20. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Sadly your plan has no chance.. Try one of the auto installers in the pc... You will get either no disk or invalid function errors..

You need to do the hotswap with xboxhdm and replace the ms dash files on the original xbox drive.. Then you need to check and see if there is a file on the drive called eeprom.bin.. If there is all well and good.you can make a new xbox drive and lock it with the eeprom.bin file you have.. If not then you need to do another softmod and get that eeprom data..Or buy a chip..that's the easy way..then you can fit just about any pc drive you want..

Look here for all the facts...

http://forums.llamma.com/viewtopic.php?t=3518

That's new yesterday.. and it works..see you over there..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2006