1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My XBOX DASHBOARD ERASED

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by agentbrs, Jan 18, 2006.

1. joelfitz

joelfitz Member

Hi,I have a Dvd burner If you coudl just tell em how i can get my dash back up it would be great.

2. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

do you have a modchip?

3. joelfitz

joelfitz Member

No i do not have one

4. kelser1

kelser1 Member

i deleted my dashboard...and got the error 13...so i did the xbox live update or w/e...and then the error screen came up AGAIN this time as error code #21... and now i have no clue what to do...so could someone help me please?

5. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Yeah, next time switch out the HDD and save the first modded one so next time you go around deleting or messing with it you at least have a working spare!

6. newacount

newacount Guest

Hey so here is the scoop. My friend came over to my house and I wanted to show him how to mod. So he had "done his research" and "new" how to put on the modded dashboard. So he backed up the orginal dash and put on the modded dashboard while I was out of the room. I came back and saw this, and told him you didn't need to put the modded dashboard on to mod, you just needed to bring up unleashX via splinter cell. This is where it went wrong. He uninstalled the modded dash and then DELETED THE BACKUP FILES WITHOUT RESTORING THEM. So now, I have no dash. If I put in the dvd with the original dash, will it work? (and yes, I talk too much)

7. Shoker

Shoker Regular member

Yeah it will work.

8. newacount

newacount Guest

9. Jwho4970

Jwho4970 Member

I've been looking everywhere but I can't seem to find an answer. I have unleash x version 0.38.0501 build 562 on my xbox. I can't find my old MS Dash which leads me to believe that the person I had do this didn't back it up. Eveything else is perfect I just want to be able to change my settings to widescreen and 480p for my xbox games. When I do it in UnleashX it doesn't go to widescreen and the games are not in 480p. I have a 50' hp dlp and it looks like ass when it's stretched out and not that great with huge black bars on the side.

I was reading about putting the halo 2 disc in and letting it recover the dashboard but I wanted to know if this is going to mess up eveything I have in there now. I'm not sure how to back eveything up and I don't really want to mess with it, for fear of messign it up. I just want my widescreen and 480p. Any help would fantastic.

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  10. Mexiboy

Mexiboy Guest

Hey Heres what you should do..... download 360 explorer. Turn off pc, turn on and then press pause/break key untill the computer stops booting. open up your computer and xbox. unplug the parallel port cables from your cd Rom or whatever yo u have in your PC. Put your xbox next to your PC and then start the box up. when the big X appears unplug the cables from the hard drive on the xbox. and then take the cable from the PC and plug it into the xbox hard drive. But DO NOT unplug the power cord. Then press space bar to continue boot on PC open up 360 explorer and search for drive or memory card. then you will see your partitions. If you want to just make your box totally factory, then just delete everything and add in the original microsoft dashboard files on partition (3). Follow other links on afterdawn for the original files and where to add them. There are plenty of links ....trust me if i didnt explain this pretty well send me another message my teacher is kicking me out of the classroom right now.