1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My xbox has a modchip,N I can't get to boxplorer

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bhpcrew, Jul 15, 2006.

1. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

The console works fine.It plays original,and backups.I had 200GB HD installed,and shilly me I missed around with it before I knew how everythings.Now I can't get into the screen that says BooT to Dash.That's where I was albe to access boxplorer and evething else.Please help if can,thank for taking the time to read this.

Yours truly

i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  2. theridges

theridges Guest

no e-mails, do you know what kind of modchip you have,and what dashboard you have?

3. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

I just had the modchip installed @ modchipstore.They installed correctly,but they sent it back without a manual,so I have no Idea what Dashboad they installed.There Email response time is slow.here's the specs it got from them below.Also If it means anything the HD is unlocked,and says it doesn't surpport locking.
    Product: Platinum Xbox Customization / Installation Service w/ 120 or 160 GB
    HD
    Quantity: 1
    Selected options:
    HD Size: 120 GB Hard Drive
    modchip: Xecuter 3 CE
    switch: No Thanks
    cp: No Thanks
    case: No Thanks
    IR: No Thanks

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

which dash do you have?
    do you know how to ftp?

5. theridges

theridges Guest

did you mess with the bios bank switches????
    if you did then its probably not loading the correct bios or one not there....or you might have changed a dashboard file to cause this....
    if its not the bank switches then you probably will have to ftp to fix the problem
    thttp://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/218495

6. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

I GUEST THE DASHBOAD IS BOXPLOER.THE CONSOLE DOES EVERYTHING EXCEPT BOOT TO DASH.THE GAMES PLAY IN COLOR(It took me six weeks to fix that problem after I rigged everything up)I HAD TO FLASH THE BIOS.IT PLAYS BACKUPS TOO.THE SWICTHES ON THE FRONT ARE IN THE CORRECT POSITION.IF IT MEANS ANYTHING IT SAYS THE HD IS UNLOCK AND DOESN'T SUPPORT LOCKING.

THANKS FOR TAKING TIME TO TRY AND HELP

7. theridges

theridges Guest

well you could just go to your 256k back-up bios and reflash the chip if you wanted to...

8. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

It's been a while sence I've use the console.I flashed the 256k bois.It did nothing as far as me getting into the dash feature.The console loads and plays back ups and everything else.

9. theridges

theridges Guest

use aid 3.0 to install a dashboard...

10. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

I have boxplorer on a disc. I don't know if I should install it to the console. I can't get into the dash feature and boxplorer is in there and that's where I can save the games to the hard drive. I don't want to over ride anything because the console is modified and does everything well, except allow me to store games to the hard drive. If I was able to load boxplorer, would you suggest I do it?

11. theridges

theridges Guest

i myself have never used boxplorer for the simple fact that its not needed just get unleashx as the main dashboard and use dvd2xbox to copy games onto the hd......

12. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

OKay buddy here is what me and ridges are saying you should do, research how to use bittorrent (there are several good guides here) and look at the torrent sites, for AID 3.0 also known as auto installer deluxe 3.0, once you have dled everything. burn the .ISO and boot in your xbox, install whatever dashboard you would like, and install any apps you like, for game backups install dvd2xbox. Restart your xbox, and everything should be bouncin'.

btw, dont touch boxplorer anymore, you can really screw up stuff.

13. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

Alright thanks for the suggestions and advise everyone I mean it .If only the good folks modchipstore.com was as helpful with feedbacks on this problem it would done and over with.I think I'm gonna give up on tapping into A hard drive I don't wanta *u*kup.My next move is gonna be the most economical.I'm just going to back up my games and play then one at a time.I haven't bought any softwave yet,because I don't know which one work.I'm most intersted in one load of a disc and because I still use dailup saddly enough.I'll let you know how it works out.

14. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

Which backup software works best for making xbox backups.I still use dail so I'll made to buy one thats come on a disc,or one that can be copied using dail up.

15. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

and where do you plan on buying one from.

16. theridges

theridges Guest

to make an xbox back-up you will need a way for your computer to talk to your xbox via Router or Cross-over cable....it dont matter if you have dial-up or not if you have an ethernet port on the back of your computer you should be fine....

17. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

YES I'M LOOKING FOR A WAY TO MAKE MY OWN BACKUPS.WHAT I MEANT TO SAY YESTEDAY WAS I CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANY SOFTWARE BECAUSE I'M STILL USING DAIL UP.IF I WAS TO PURCHASE ANYTHING ONLINE I'LL HAVE TO GET IT ON A DISC.THERIDGES ARE YOU SAYING I DON'T NEED TO PURCHASE ANYTHING TO MAKE MY OWN BACKUPS?

18. theridges

theridges Guest

as long as your PC has an ethernet port then no.....to make an xbox backup you copy it from your xbox to your pc and then burn the iso....only software you really need is qwix,imgburn and flashfxp all small programs that you can easily download with dial up...and you will need a dvd burner....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2006
  19. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS CORD?

20. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

ANY COMPUTER STORE KNOWN TO MAN-KIND.