1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my xbox is dead!!! :-(

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by fiorivaf, Jul 26, 2004.

1. fiorivaf

fiorivaf Guest

My brother-in-law was messing on my Evox and flashed its bios (the bios was erased), now my xbox doesn't turn on, nothing appears on my TV. I need help to ressurect it! How do I do that?
    I'm from brazil, so I'm sorry about my english if it is been hard to understand!

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Get to your modchip's OS screen and reflash your chip. I have the Xenium chip and to get to the OS, I push the "eject" button instead of the "power" button below it.

3. fiorivaf

fiorivaf Guest

I did as you said, but nothing happens. I press eject and the xbox turn on and off for 2 times and then it remain on but having the light green and red, that's it!

Do you think I should get a bios disc? If I have to, how do I do that? I was reading the other threads and What I got about the Bios Disc is that I have to get a bios 256kb and turn it to 512kb and then 1024kb, I have the bios 256kb, but I don't know how to make it to become 512 and 1024, I also know that having a bios 1024kb, I have to turn it to 100mb, to do this I know how to! the other point is that I don't know which modchip I have, I paid for a guy to buy it and set on my xbox, it was 2 years ago and I have no contact to that guy. sorry for this "letter"! :))

I NEED HELP, thank you for doing that.....

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Hmmm that's a bummer. I guess the last thing you could do is open up your Xbox and see what chip it is.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/open1.php

Then go to their website and look for info on how to reset the chip manually. There's usually a switch on the modchip somewhere that lets you do that. Find it and reset it back to the default settings.

When the chip works again, you can reflash it with a bios. Choose a bank size (256K, 512K, 1MB) and flash it with a corresponding bios. If you download the X2 4983 bios, there's a tool that comes with which lets you "resize" the bios to fit in the bank you want when you flash the chip.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"For gaming supremacy, there's no power greater than X."[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2004
  5. fiorivaf

fiorivaf Guest

okay, I'll check it out and then I'll come back and report you what I got ;-)

1 more question, where is the chip set on usually? I've never seen an xbox modded before !!!!

6. fiorivaf

fiorivaf Guest

Now I think I'm in trouble, there is on modchip on my xbox.

Do you have any idea of what is to be done about it?
    I've gone to x-scene and I saw the pictures of modded xbox, and my xbox doensn't have it! How do I bring back the bios to it? I still haven't fine the answer of it, even in x-scene!
    If you have any idea for it, thank you. My &*ยจ$%@# friend haven't set a chip on that. he saved the money :(((

7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

The chip is on the motherboard. You'll have to remove the HDD and the DVD-ROM drive to see it. Unless you can reset the chip to the original settings, I don't have any other ideas on how to put the bios back in it.

8. fiorivaf

fiorivaf Guest

Okay. I looked for the modchip, but I haven't find it. the man who hacked my xbox, did it without the modchip. no problem if you have no idea of how I may do that. But if you got any information about, please tell me or anyone who knows how I can fix it.

Thank you........

9. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Oh I see, so you have a softmod. That method is never 100% that it will last, at least I don't think so. I have seen a lot of people running into problems using that method. I suggest you put a modchip in instead next time. Sorry but I don't know much about this softmod method.