1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n00b @ blu ray...HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by bigfreddy2000, Mar 6, 2012.

1. bigfreddy2000

bigfreddy2000 Member

Alright, So i bought a Sony Blu-Ray player with surround sound, and I bought a bunch of movies to watch. I want to back them up in case something happens to them. I bought a 6x external blu ray writer and some blank bd cd's. I've been trying to figure out how to copy them, blu ray to blue ray, but I keep reading different things. I have the programs BD Rebuilder, Aiseesoft Blue Ray ripper, and DVD FAB, along with IMGBurn to burn, if I need it. I'm hoping someone can help....

1. When I had a DVD drive and DVD burner in my pc, I could copy them straight, in one step, without ripping them on my hard drive. Is that possible through my PC with my blu-ray player and my blu-ray writer?

2. If not, how can I rip it? Can I use my blu-ray player through the USB port to hook it up to my PC (since my PC can't read Blu-Rays)? Or will the writer I bought be able to read and rip the Blu-Ray to my PC to burn off of my HD?

3. I've read walkthroughs on the programs above I've bought....so if 1 isn't possible, what programs are the best to use to rip the blu ray to my hard drive and burn it to a bd disk?

Thanks for all your help!

2. stdlbw18

stdlbw18 Member