1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n00b help. Hardmodding a Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Homez, May 30, 2007.

1. Homez

Homez Member

Hey guys I have tried softmodding my xbox and too little success. I was using a memory card of a friend who had his modded and he copied all the files for me. Couldnt get it to work real well.

Anyways, I mostly want to use it to have XMBC on it. Not so interested in playing backed up games.

So I was wondering what the best hard mod solution is? Something solderless would be preferable. I have an incident breaking a PS1 trying to hard mod it with a soldering iron :)

Any help would be appreciated.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

xecuter 2.6 ce or xecuter 3.0 ce both come solerless and are very good chips to use.

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Ya I would go with the Xecuter 3 CE (solderless)! It's a little pricey, but it is well worth it! I got mine at Divineo, and with shipping, it cost me about $82! But it is a really GREAT chip!

4. steimy

steimy Active member

trust me, even the solderless chips can be a pain to install unless you know what your doing. Especially on a V1.6 Xbox.
    What steps did you take when softmodding and what did you use to do it. Softmodding is really quite simple compared to installing a chip.

5. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Ya but the thing is... If you screw something up on a Softmodded Xbox, you will have to start the whole thing over! With a chip installed, you don't lose any of your Data, and you can find the problem and fix it!