1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N64 Emulator gamepad problems

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by LDee, Jan 12, 2008.

1. LDee

LDee Regular member

Hello all,

Got a couple of cheap playstation style dual shock usb game pads for pc. On their own they work fine, really well actually for playing project64 n64 emulator.

The problem comes when I try to use both at the same time and play 2 player, both of them stop working, the second one stops working completely and the first ones analogue stick doesnt work for the right and down directions. Even when I take the second one out after that the first one still has the problem with the right and down analogue, even after a reboot. The only way to remedy it so that at least one pad works ok is to show the hidden drivers for the gamepad in device manager and uninstall it then let windows reinstall pnp style again, that way one works again for one player stuff. Obviously when I plug the second one in again I get the old problems back.

I've tried with both Jabo's and the N-Rage controller plug-ins for project64, no dice with either of them. I'm also getting a thing where when I try to configure the analogue stick on the player 2 pad (I don't really need to do this since I have a profile saved but I tried to do it manually to see what would happen) I'm getting a "button already assigned" or similar error when trying to assign analogue stick directions. This is when that particular direction (on that particular pad anyway) definitely is not assigned.

This leads me to believe that the problems may be due to the pc not being able to tell the difference between the two pads or something? They both have exactly the same names since they are the same thing. When I'm choosing which player has which pad it's just a matter of choosing the higher or lower one from the drop down menu but of course the names are identical. Is this the problem?

These are the exact pads in question:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-USB-2-0-D...ryZ74943QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I actually think they are a great deal and feel well built, if only I could get this 2 player thing going on!

2. LDee

LDee Regular member

Fixed, installed the drivers and now they get two different names when both plugged in.

Stupid I know, but I like to install the least amount of drivers as possible but I guess the pnp don't cut it for this pad. Anyway the drivers make it rumble too!