1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N64 games on my xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by TheHouse, Mar 18, 2006.

1. ACIDMX

ACIDMX Regular member

can this work for 360?

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

No, it won't work on 360. Until they figure out how to run unsigned code on the 360, you won't be seeing any homebrew for it.

3. nincombob

nincombob Member

ey up lads, iv been trying to get my n64 roms to work on my xbox but so far im not having much luck. I've been burning roms onto a DVD and then copying them to the apps/emulators/n64/roms directory but when i open surreal 64, none of my roms appear on the screen. can anyone give me a hand? cheers

4. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

Put the Roms directory on the root of the drive

5. nincombob

nincombob Member

cheers m8, sorted now. quick question, has nothin to do wiv n64 but i thought id ask neway, is there, and if so where can i find, PS2 emulator for the xbox? oooh and PS3 or xbox 360? dno which 1 to get :/

6. s3a

s3a Guest

nincombob, I have never seen a ps2 emulator on xbox and I don't think there is one either...even if there was one, it would not run smoothly AT ALL. I get approx 5 fps on a pentium 4, 3 ghz. Imagine on the xbox's 733 mhz cpu! To enjoy emulation, you should have at least 30 fps!

I am not sure about what I am about to say, but, I think to properly emulate the ps2, you will need at least a quad-core CPU! And in PCSX2, there has just recently been an update to support dual-core CPU's...in other words, even dual-core support is still in its rough stages! There are also ways to use your video card to increase fps if it is powerful...anyway, all these are off-topic because they are about PC but, I thought I should give you a little explanation of my way of seeing ps2 emulation to this date.

I haven't personnally tested this but, I think that the best OS to run emulators for pc on is dsl (damn small linux). I think this because, Linux is known to manage system ressources better than windows not to mention that damn small linux uses less system ressources than a normal Linux!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2007
  7. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

dude daedalus is for psp...

8. stilts07

stilts07 Member

Ya, i would not even bother to run N64 or mame roms on xbox. The Xbox only has 64MB or ram. It would be fantastic if they could get the Nintendo 64 emulator to run on xbox360. You will also have to wait so they can fix bugs and errors on the PC version of the emulator. You gotr to have patience.

9. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

mame runs flawlessly. It's rough with cruisin usa and other 3d games. Everyone plays streetfighter anyway. :)