1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N64 to GCM

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Shiny_ray, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Shiny_ray

Shiny_ray Guest

I heard about converting N64 roms to gcm format. I heard it around forums to time to time. (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/224912)

And this is what I dont understand.........
    "I also found this N64 roms need to be .gcm, not .dol.

Best way to convert them to .gcm is to put Phoenix ready to stream N64 ROM(press load), and then look into Phoenix directory so that you can see hidden files, and copy N64.gcm(or something like that) to somewhere else. There!, you have a N64 in .gcm:D
    And to put it on DVD, fstfix it to full size, and burn properly.

And to you to know, most N64 games wont keep saves, so if you playing Mario64 etc. you need to play it throught in same gaming session:D

And i dont know have you tested any ROMS do they work... but most N64 ROMS wont work at all:(

I have only Mariokart:p no need to save:D
    ----

And about SNES roms, i dont know about them:/
    ----

And every mod/softmod will do, but best is Viper chip, you can do multi-game disc(ROMS are so small so i think you wanna more than one ROM on one disc:p)"

What is he talking bout phoeonix something is this something with a mod chip or what. And is this methond with a mod chip. please tell me all of the info. Thanks

2. sevvy

sevvy Member

hey shiney_ray i seen you over at tehskeen.com forums and i was wondering if you could help me figure out why i can save but not load in Mario64, i have both V1 and V2 of the emu but cant figure out V1

i was also wondering if anybody knows how to get in touch with JAYSUN33 somebody from tehskeen.com said he may have info on a patch to get Banjo-Kazooie to run on the Gamecube aswell as Mario64

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  3. Shiny_ray

Shiny_ray Guest

mmmm it should work did you inject super mario into the gcm image. then after that just boot it and a zelda picture or mario picture should pop up

4. sevvy

sevvy Member

the emu HCK91 gave me gives me an Error cant start server!? i dont get why it needs IP address's

5. Shiny_ray

Shiny_ray Guest

it shouldnt ask for one either do you have a bba