1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nag 3 Switch Starview 3 vs 4

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by RizzB, Feb 21, 2010.

1. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Nag 3 is being rolled out in my area. I have 2 starview boxes version 3 and 4. I Lost some channels today on the SV3 inc sly sports 2 but I still receive them all on the sv4 box. I have tried factory reset rescan etc on the sv3 box but it doesn't even pick them up now. I remember when this happened in Ireland that all the boxes went and a fix was released a few weeks later for the SV4 which allowed viewing untill Nag 3 was fully rolled out. It looks like the same thing is happening now. Have tried manually inputting the frequency that the sv4 displays into the sv3 but it still does not find it. What did the patch that was released actually do to enable the starview 4 to receive the channels for a while as the other boxes stopped working ?

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

v1.12 was put onto original sv4 boxes to get them working.if n3 is here nowt you can do.
    factory reset and auto scan from direct feed should get them back if they are working on sv4,set default key and emu to on or keycode enabled
    and exit out.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  3. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Thanks Cactikid. Defo Nag 3 in my area got the new card last week. The channels are defo going/gone on sv3. Oh well had me monies worth. The security fraud message channel has changed and now says "Lost some Channels? If you want to continue to enjoy the channels you were watching for free then give us a ring no questions asked" Like it.. Just have to switch to me sv4 for the time being

4. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Sorry jumped the gun a bit here turned out to be a dodgy connection on the downstairs box :)) happy for now !

5. kevos

kevos Member

its going to cost far to much money everyones been talking about this for far to long and still everyones sayin oh when when when it comes if it comes.. and the forums have been goin on about it since 2007 its a deterent not a fact!!!

6. e45

e45 Regular member

Replied to you in your other post look there for the answer

7. cannykick

cannykick Member

Tried resetting and rescanning twice now - no lucky. When I do the old 1570 bit I now get an option to select NAGVISION. Not knowing what NAGVISION is but hearing all thge chat about NAG 3 etc - is it a good idea to select this to see if it works or will this b*gger my box up even more? Help!!!!!

My Virgin Media box which I kindly still subscribe to is now b*ggered too so I'm really stuffed. Double Help !!!

8. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

What area are you in?

9. cannykick

cannykick Member

Rizz B I'm in South West UK

10. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Not sure if you have Starview 3 or 4 as you dont say but heres what u need to do

Main menu / factory Reset
    Scan your provider may be ntl ex/cw or tw
    After scanning has finished has it found 300+ channels ?
    If so exit to main menu and press 1570
    Switch on Key emu for starview 3 / Keycode for starview 4
    Exit to TV and goto sky sports 2
    Wait and see what comes up If scrambled or bad channel goto main menu 1570 and select set default key press ok ( This resets the keys ) exit back to skysports 2 and wait it should show data being updated leave until this is complete and then all channels should be availible.

If you have a starview 4 you will need the latest firmware goto main menu system information to see if you have version v1.2

Also check the latest list of areas switched to new encryption although think sw is ok at moment

11. helopp121

helopp121 Member

lost all my channel on SV4, done a factory reset+scan and can't find no channel still is this the end of starview 4?

12. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

13. helopp121

helopp121 Member

MICKAH
    can u recomend any other product or boxes that will not be affected by this nagra 3 business
    sorry am new to this stuff but have enjoyed my SV4 for 5 months now

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

if you have read the thread you will see that no box in the UK will work once N3 rolls out fully, you can look at Sat dish as an option, but cable boxs will be dead in the coming weeks. No fixs,

15. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Sly sports/es@n and most other channels switched to nag 3 in Ilford this morning. Bit of a gutta as I was hoping to see the Gunners play tonight. Oh well at least I saw the comedy channel last night sorry meant the Liverpool game :))

16. omendata

omendata Regular member

You will know when your area is going down with the Nagra3 flu as NT* have to send out new smartcards - as soon as you receive one you know your days are numbered APPARENTLY!

17. kurutp38

kurutp38 Member

Hi I'm in the Ilford steamy starview 4 box has also stopped working sky sports and movie channels. I have tried factory reset and turned keycode on and rescNned but no luck. So if nag is out this means there is no way of getting it to work? Any advise greatly appreciated

18. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Ilford and surrounding areas like Woodford, Rainham and parts of Essex Chingford and Walthamstow went Full Nag 3 today. M8 This has been coming for a long time and you r not the fist to ask the question. You need to read through all the threads and see what your options are. There is a lot of info on here if you are prepared to read. There will be a lot more people like You/me seeking answers. U need to have a good read through the " Starview 6 futureproof ?" theard and "sly channels on a deambox 500s" The guys In Ireland have a headstart as this Nag 3 switch was trialled in Ireland nearly a year ago so they know exactly whats is going at present and will guide you in the right direction. One thing though before asking questions is read the threads. 9 times out of 10 your question has probably been answered. Gutted I missed the Arsenal Last night Vi gin but u gave me a good laugh with the liverpool game on es@p thanks a million 1000000 ;-)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  19. java1

java1 Member

Hi from over the sea! You have seen N3, it took them an while to hit you over there, We have been dealing with this issue for over an year now in NA. The only thing which works is card sharing dreambox works well for this. If you want to learn more about card share just google it. As for the question of which box is going to work after the smoke clears, my opion on this is the one with the deepest pockets. It is going to take some cash bribes this time..

20. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

java1, please maybe post a few links on dreambox cs as you describe or post a few details. we are all aware that what you say is true but, personally, do not understand how to get over the boxkey/rsakey issue. any info/link appreciated