1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nag 3 Switch Starview 3 vs 4

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by RizzB, Feb 21, 2010.

1. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i know what your saying but my brother and my friends both have starview 3 and my friends is still on. they must have different versions on and yes they live in the same region both middlesbrough and both ts3. i have a starview 1 and only lost mostly music channels and not noticed the rest that have gone if any because i probably dont watch them channels. so if anyone has a few versions for starview 3 then please could you post them. thanks for your input aswell.we will all have door stoppers or burgular stoppers coz il hit a burgular with one. not getting rid of it tho because things take time. not looking forward to freeview:(

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

there is no different versions of SV3, you need to rescan yer chans and read the Nagra 3 thread, that box will be worthless in a another couple of weeks

3. e45

e45 Regular member

i can tell you 100% they wont be fixed thats a defo

and if you received new cards in the post recently your box will be dead in approx 3 weeks

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

ok cheers done rescan and nothing just seems a bit wierd that me and my mate still have most channels. not to worry we will all be same boat soon. and i know theres no fix now but in time you never know. there are some clever people out there. cheers anyhow

5. e45

e45 Regular member

Yep thats why there is only 3 boxes working now and thats the way its going to stay older boxes will not be supported any longer.

so you can keep them if you want but its just going to be clutter in your home

6. jjfizz

jjfizz Guest

when the boxes do go i have got a star view 4 do the newer boxes work if any if so can you post a link so i can buy one please. would i still be able to do the samsung ntl box or are they knackered aswell.

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

only boxs working are the ones mentioned above and all cracked boxs will be gone to,

Click e45's facebook link in his signiture for more info on the Kryptview or google Skywonder / Wizard Sat for prices on the Krtypview A780 or the Sv6

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

yeah ive been reading up and yeah it will be useless you know your stuff. those krptview look tempting with the iconnect. might have a dabble in one of them in a few months after more have been bought and commented on

9. e45

e45 Regular member

if you dont have the kryptview buy the new 780 model no need for iconnect as it has built in lan connection on the box :)

10. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i will look in to that as i only have starview. cheers;)

11. terry4

terry4 Member

re starvie
    re starview 4 usb boxes losing channels
    has anybody come up with a solution yet ?

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  12. e45

e45 Regular member

yes its called a big green recycle bin as thats where it will be going like thousand of other ones as well

there will be no update for any boxes apart from the new boxes out now

Kryptview 750 and 780

starview 6 lan and the combo box

13. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

cheaper too:) does it come with firmware? plug in and go? obviously plug lan in to back that i can via router and the coxial line? is that it? if so i may get one one on fri.

14. e45

e45 Regular member

No m8 no box comes plug and play that would be illegal you have to do that part yourself you can find all the info in my signiture flashing on the posts just click and read them

15. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

oh yeah sorry mate forgot about that. mine is starview1 so says how long ive thought like that. totally inept with recievers altho can do consoles and handhelds:( if i get one can you help in pms?

16. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

lol sorry had a few beers. but still may need help. thanks man. like i say you know your stuff.

17. e45

e45 Regular member

18. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

19. antokid

antokid Member

he guys.... im in belfast and my starview 4 box is forked.... blank channels and no sound.... have tried factory default and and adding same software but nothing.... now ive put the original v*rgin box in and it says ld:20 on the box and "your digital tv service will start shortly" on the tv...........what is goin on, can anyone help...weve only 10 days to kick off..........aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

20. e45

e45 Regular member

if you got a new card from virgin and you did not put it in the box to update it that could be the error message you are getting now as you have prob missed the update you will prob have to ring your provider and get them to send it down the line again to you