1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nascar Sucks!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Bitcount, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Pea31

Pea31 Member

NASCAR RULES THE WORLD!!!! Goo Jimmie Johnson #48

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

THis is the only good thing about NASCAR:
    [​IMG]

I only show this because the driver crawled out and was fine. But a lot of the time the driver or the crowed get killed. And this rated as one of the most boring Raceing "Sports".

3. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

Nascar does suck, there is no way around it, it just does. God nascar sucks, I HATE IT SO MUCH!! WHY DID THAT STUPID NASCAR HAVE TO RUN OVER MY DOGGY WHEN I WAS FIVE, AND THEN KILL MY DAD, AND THEN CRASH INTO MY HOUSE!!

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Bitcount, that was too funny. You forgot that it ran way with you mom.

Nephilim, That was a crazy crash. Thats the first time I have seen that one.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Crazy wasn't it? The part where you could see the engine block rolling away really got me.

7. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

Wow, that was way better than any car show i've ever been to.

8. Frozilla

Frozilla Member

Title of thread=Enough said

9. a-l-i-c-e

a-l-i-c-e Guest

yeah, its certainly not boring to watch a race where there are only one or two (depending on where Schumacher qulaifies) passes and the winner is never in question.

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I would much rather watch the Indy. See Paul Tracy smash cars into the wall. Then only come is 5th. Good stuff.

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I live 30-45 minutes from Bristol Tennessee, one of the top NASCAR tracks in the country. Being only a half a mile, Bristol is all about crashes. Which is why, it has been enlarged to hold 160,000 people and you still can't get a ticket!

That being said, I could care less about NASCAR( I hope no one around here heard me say that)

BTW, great work on that piece of footage, Neph.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SOHS 832S dual layer[/small]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004
  12. askyew

askyew Regular member

I happen to like nascar and contrary to some opinions here I am not a redneck or an idiot. No I don't sit glued to the TV for 4 hours every Sunday but I follow along. I go to about 3 or 4 races a year and have met some of the best people at any type of sporting event there. Remember a small mind groups people that are different in activities, religion, color, or beliefs than onesself. There are alot of sports that I don't like but I would not judge the spectators that do. I just felt that someone should stand up for the spectators that enjoy nascar in this thread. Feel free to flame away.

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]Remember a small mind groups people that are different in activities, religion, color, or beliefs than onesself. There are alot of sports that I don't like but I would not judge the spectators that do. [/bold]

askyew,
    I reread the posts and I didn't see anyone knock NASCAR fans, only the sport. I did however notice you mentioned redneck and idiot in the same breath.

People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

14. askyew

askyew Regular member

I live in a brick house and I wasn't throwing stones since you don't like nascar you probably don't see anything wrong wit people bashing the sport. If you check the first post nascar dads are defined as watching nascar and having sex one time.

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I don't see anything wrong with bashing ANY sport! , If someone doesn't like football(which is my favorite sport), that's his preogative. To each his own.

I live in the heart of NASCAR country, Bristol was voted NO.1 fan's track last several years, even over Daytona.

I happen to be one of those "rednecks" you likened to idiots. That's what I take exception to. Whether you realize it or not, you are being one of those "small minded people" you referred to in your earlier post.

I don't like NASCAR, but I am not ashamed of my heritage and where I come from. I may be a redneck, but I'm no idiot.

16. askyew

askyew Regular member

Say what? When exactly did I call you an idiot or a redneck? Dude you must be really insecure to have read that into my post. What I was saying was that I was both a nascar fan and I am neither a redneck nor an idiot. Those are the stereotypes and labels people have placed on nascar fans in the past. Nascar is now the fastest growing sport in the U.S. and attracting the biggest crowds. You take this forum waaayyy to serious so lets just agree to disagree ok.

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

That's fine, we'll agree to disagree, I never said you called me an idiot per se, just likened rednecks to idiots.

I'm starting to understand the statement you yourself made:

" contrary to some opinions here I am not a redneck or an idiot".

Have a nice day.

18. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Uhhh... OK :)
    But what is this saying? I mean, I am not in USA (neither are 11 out of 12 people in the world) which I feel the Americans mostly tend to forget.
    Nascar is a unique/unusual format event, no more bizarre than racing pickup trucks or diesel rigs or ?
    People are gonna race anything, lawnmowers, whatever.
    But real racing involves braking and cornering, and racetracks.
    If the Yanks enjoy watching these low-traction, low-tech heavyweights race around and around in a circle, bumping each other (which is OK, it's called 'rubbin') then that's kewl.
    Actually I watch BOTH real Nascar races: Sears Point and Watkins Glen. These true racetracks tend to ID the better drivers (unfortunately, many drivers are subbed for only these two events).
    I will tell you that American Southerners are among the very nicest people you will ever meet!
    Personally: the Title says it all.
    But if Nascar floats your boat, then hey that's great.
    And no, Pea, Nascar does NOT rule the world (what do you know about the world, anyway?)
    People who claim to dislike the FIA Formula 1 World Championship have never attended a race weekend.
    These cars, with the weight of 2 motorcycles and the power of 10, re-write the laws of physics right before your eyes (and ears).
    'The Cars are the Stars' is what F1 is all about - the slowest ones are just as thrilling, and it doesn't really matter who wins. The red cars do seem to be best, though...
    900 BHP @ 19000 RPM
    1320 pounds wet weight, including driver!
    3g acceleration
    4g cornering
    5g braking
    This is not Nascar I'm describing here, folks.
    So try to visit a Formula 1 Grand Prix if you get the opportunity!
    Trust me, the sounds just don't make it through your TV speakers. It is very difficult to capture with any microphone technology.
    Regards
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ABIT AN7 nForce2 Ultra 400
    XP2500+ Barton 512MB PC3200[/small]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2004
  19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

The_OGS, hear hear!

And thank you, my wife also thanks you, she considers herself to be a true southern belle, and we do pride ourselves on our friendliness.

We are, after all nothing fancy, just "down home".

20. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I usually never get into aguments like this but Bigorange I would be happy by his comment:
    Because he as seperated two groups as redneck or idiot, then a redneck can't be an idiot. Otherwise he would have said:
    I am not an idiot like redneck.

So be lets cool the jets and watch some golf (that will make you drink, drink lots!!)