1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nascar Sucks!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Bitcount, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Threev

Threev Member

I'm not out to flame anyone, but you guys complain about the same thing that people complain about when they don't understand something: its boring and stupid.
    Watching a NASCAR race requires you to learn a little about the racing itself and how the racing works. You can't tell me that a quarter million people who show up at a race track are just there because they like to watch cars go 'round a circle.
    Much like F1, which is great to watch as well, you have to have an appreciation for the race cars, the drivers and, especially, the tracks themselves. In addition, you have to have some working knowledge of green flag pit strategy Vs yellow flag/caution pit strategy.
    I already mentioned the drivers and I will stress now that this is really the most important aspect of enjoying a race. Football is fun to watch, but what if you had no affiliation with a team or knew any of the players, or knew the rules? You would just be watching a game that means something to you on a competitive level, perhaps, but has no emotional impact whatsoever.
    I would recommend that you watch a few races and look out for this kid named Kasey Kahne. Its his rookie season and he is dynamite. Watch him for a few races and you will begin to see a lot of things you have probably missed all along: that watching racing, be it F1 or NASCAR, is about the racer, and about the cars, the strategy, the track, luck, skill and all the other things that make competition fun to watch...