1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nba live dirty disc error

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by beatz2005, Sep 27, 2005.

1. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

i tried to back the game up but i keep getting a dirty disc error. is there some type of patch that i need to make it work, this is gettin krazy

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@beatz2005
    I feel your pain, I'm currently having the same issue. As I'm working to find a more solidified answer, here's a temporary fix.

Create an .iso with the game files. Use Qwix, Burn the .iso to a DvD-R with Nero or DvD-Decrypter and just play the game with the disc. It works, trust me. As for error when booting the game from the hdd, as soon as I figure it out, I'll POST.

My closest guess is that there may be a file not needed in the archive that is causing the error. Besides that, I've played it off a backup disc for a little over two hours and no problem yet.

3. Spiritism

Spiritism Member

thank you i hope you get it working
    i just rip the game off the DVD and when it said that i was like wtf i played it when i rented it and it was hot now i returned it and i was hoping to play it more. :(

Please get this working soon

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@Spiritism
    Just FTP the game file to your PC, make an .iso file, back it up to DvD-R...and it will play off the disc.

5. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

Yeah i got the same error message too when i tried to extract it to the hdd using dvd2xbox, only was able to make a backup disc, i wonder what is causing this error message?

6. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

♫ I doooonooo, but I'v been told FATX, Max's out at 42+3!

UDFX (e.g. The Game Disc), on the other Hand has 255+3 (i.e. Long Filename Support!!),. Upshot your HDD Rips are broken. Instead of:

Long_Filename_in_here_12341234123412341234~to-255.xxx For File(s) got written as:

Long_Filename_in_here_12341234123412341234.xxx

So one File is properly named the other is not! You can think of this limitation as a lame attempt at Copy Protection. Most of the Games I seen this happen to, where all mostly from Electronic f-Arts...

7. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

Anybody figure out how to get the game on the hdd without any problems?

8. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Have you tryed riping the Disc, with DVD2XBOX v.0.7.0?

Again you mostlikely can not run a direct Rip on your XBOX™. Most of these DDE especially Games from Electronic Arts!! Use Long Filenames, which the XBOX™ DVD-ROM Disc's UDFX File Format supports. The HDD you're trying to install the Game to uses the FATX File Format, and does not support Long Filenames. The upshot is the Game is going to want to call a File (which sooner or latter), will be broken. Since the XBOX™ can not find what it's looking for, the upshoot will be a DDE Crash.

I have rarely had to deal with this issue. But, DVD2XBOX will rename, and repatch your, Default.xbe File, to relink to those renamed Files. So you can then hopefully rerun your Game(s), without a DDE crash...

9. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

Yeah i tried to rip the game using dvd2xbox but it came up with the dirty disc error message, did you get a sucessful rip to your xbox hdd? if so what did you do to make that happen?

10. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

Anybody know where i can download the latest version of Dvd2xbox?

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I searched everywhere to get the new version only got the source code for it.

I did get it off my p2p program searching for dvd2xbox V 0.7.0 but that wont fix the NBA live 06 game. I upgraded to it and still get the dirty disc error.

@mjeff36 I sent you a provate ,essage

12. Spiritism

Spiritism Member

we just have to wait for a patch to come i hope it comes soon i cant wait to play this game again man its soo hot

13. Charbs

Charbs Member

ok i dunno if this helps anyone..but ive narrowed it down to JUST the xbe that is causing the problem...i deleted EVERY file in the nba live 2006 folder except the default.xbe and i ran the xbe and STILL got the exact same error message...so there has to be some sort of HEX editing that has to be done on that default.xbe file...if anyone knows how to HEX edit for this kinda stuff that would be awesome :)

Charbs

14. Spiritism

Spiritism Member

interesting...

i really hope someone makes a patch soon cause im gettin kinda worried :(

15. miltont

miltont Member

still nobody has found patch for it?

I tried making iso with 2 different Softwares
    Craxtion4 & CXbox i get list out of bounds, also tried with DVD2Xbox V.0.7 and i get Disc Error Message!

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@miltont

You can burn an image of NBA Live 06 and play it but if you rip it to the hard drive you will get the dirty disc error. So if you tried to FTP the disc to your computer and burn a copy and it didnt work then your doing somthing wrong cause it will play a backup DVD disc juist wont play on the hard drive.

17. Spiritism

Spiritism Member

well thats the whole purpose
    we want to play it off the harddrive not a DVD
    when the patch comes i will go from :( to :D

18. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Like I said the DVD-ROM Drive uses a UDFX Fileformat that CAN USE LONGFILENAMES whereas your HDD which is (or should be!), fomated to use FATX. WHICH DOES **NOT** SUPPORT LONGFILENAMES!

The upshot is that when the .xbe is set to look for a Filename (255+3), and your XBOX™ riped it to use the FATX limited (42+3) format. Those Files will not be properly linked in the .xbe File, thuss you'll eventualy sooner or latter will run into a DDE.

If you use a Program like Quix! (or whatever!), to rip your Game to your PC as a XISO. You should have no problems burning it to a DVD±R\RW-DL. As the Filenames are what the .xbe expects them to be.

As for a "Patch!", well that's simple enough! Just use a Hex Editor and search for Text Strings that link to the Files on your HDD, AND MAKE SURE THEY MATCH!

Again I only time(s) I ever encountered this problem. It was allways with a Game from Electronic (f)Arts. Thankfuly most other vendors just stick to the the FATX limitations, of 42+3...

19. Charbs

Charbs Member

well ive looked at every single file in my nba live folder on my pc and not one of them has a filename longer than about 10charaters...so thats not the problem...ALSO..i deleted every single file outta the nba live folder on my xbox except the default.xbe and then ran it and got the EXACT same error...so its not the long file name thing thats giving the DDE...its the default.xbe itself that needs to be hex edited/patched

20. Spiritism

Spiritism Member

once again i say that we want to play it off the hard drive not a DVD thats the whole purpose of this thread. Its not working off the hard drive. Stop telling us to burn it to a DVD we obviously dont want to do that.