1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nba live dirty disc error

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by beatz2005, Sep 27, 2005.

1. chrono09

chrono09 Guest

I may have found something out.

For those who used Softmod Installer Deluxe...Turn on you Xbox using the eject button and go to System Settings (under Control Panel) and see if your Auto-Rename, Auto-Patch XBE is on. If so I'm assuming Auto-Rename may be renaming the file (which might not be the case because mine is off) and if Auto-Patch XBE is off that may be the reason it comes up dirty because of an .XBE error. With certain responses (as in yeses and nos) I'll try re-transferring Live and tell you what happend.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@Charbs

no program rips the Xbox game directly to your PC.

I just dont think your understanding what im saying.

How do you backup the Xbox game? You FTP to your Xbox and rip the game from your D: drive (Xbox dvd-rom)?

Or do you use a program like dvd2Xbox and rip the game to your hard drive then FTP the game folder from your Xbox HD to your computer?

Cause other that have used dvd2Xbox and riped the game to hard drive and then FTP the folder over had trouble getting the DVD to work. They had to rip it from there D: drive and then burn and it worked.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  3. Charbs

Charbs Member

oh..ive tried both ways...dvd2xbox and just copying the files from the dvd to the hard drive from the xbox dvddrive...both give the same result

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I duno I have been to so many other forums reading about it and a few of the threads said that you had to rip it off your Xbox DVD-ROM drive to your computer. Not to put it on your Xbox hard drive and FTP the game folder over they did what was sugested and it worked. Thats why i figured somthing had to be changed when you rip it to your hard drive..

Anyway I broke down and changed my old softmod with Krayzies Installer NKPatcher10 and am playing it off the hard drive with the fix sugested before.

5. Charbs

Charbs Member

are you sayin taht theres people out there that are playing nba live 2006 off their hard drive with a chipped hardmodded xbox?

my xbox doesnt really have a modchip in it...i flashed the original xbox bios chip and rewrote it.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I am playing NBA Live off my hard drive using a softmod. (Krayzies Installer NKPatcher10)

With the method that Cayotic gave before.

But again you need the NKpatcher10 Krayzies Installer to use this method.

7. tententen

tententen Member

sorry larrylje, meant to post this...are you guys just talking about soft modded xboxs now? its hard to keep track with all the confusion back and forth. mine has a chip, i ripped to xbox HD, FTP'd to my PC, created iso and burned to DVD it plays flawlessly. no dirty disc error. but if you're talking about soft mods only then nevermind

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

we where talking about how to get the NBA Live 06 to play off the hard drive which you can play it with the above softmod installed and method stated above.

As to ripping the disc to hard drive and then FTPing over the game folder I was saying I read some other threads of people doing that and couldnt get the disc to work. Untill they FTP it off the D: Xbox drive. But it seems others have FTP the game folder off the hard drive and burned it to ISO and it worked.

9. tententen

tententen Member

well i know thats what this thread was originally talking about. but recently you said this:

If you have an extra DVD try this. Rip the game to your Xbox hard drive. Then FTP the game folder on your Xbox hard drive onto your computer. then make the xISO and burn. When you put in the Game DVD backup you will get the dirty disc error.

This would suggest that a filename or a file is changed once you rip it to your Xbox Hard Drive.

so i was just replying to the most recent discussions.
    but thats cool

10. barberomp

barberomp Member

I am sorry but I don't have any experience with softmod and I think is very hard to get it.

Is there not some more simple or easy solution?

I have seen the instructions to install the softmod and I think there are so many risks.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@babrberomp

If you follow the directions for the softmod then it is as easy as tieing your shoes. I have done 2 softmods plus have upgraded my hard drive to a 300gig HD. So if you have action reply then you should bebale to install the softmod with ease. The link to the softmod i installed is below.

http://www.freewebs.com/betatester/profile2.htm

12. Cayotic

Cayotic Member

@barberomp

There is an easier solution to all of this, sure, unfortunately it costs money. And it means you would have to leave the house.

The end result is that you would own the game and I would save a bunch of money on my car insurance!

13. westr2424

westr2424 Member

NBA 2K6 is better anyway, plus it works from the hard drive.

14. XboxxHaxx

XboxxHaxx Guest

Ahhh Larry, don't worry bout that chump change muthaclucka he's just mad cuz he can't get the hd to work cuz he a new newbie...haha and for you spiritricc azz newbie show some dam respect to your elder Afterdawn soldiers cuz of them yo punk azz is getting helped.And it's better to burn to dvd anyway fool cuz when your hd goes down you have no hard copy and you can use the dvd to load onto the hd anyway what the hell you gunna do then?Thinkin you all smart.

15. Cayotic

Cayotic Member

well speaking from experience, I had a 300 go down in an xbox. But luckily, I have 900 gigs combined in my server so EVERY GAME, nearly 200, are backed up. Sure there's a chance they too will go down. Nearly every game is in at least 2 places between my server and 3 modded Xboxes.

16. INewton

INewton Member

thanks a lot tEChniiQue, backing up on dvdr is a great alternative for hardware modded machines. Does anyone know if the fix for long filenames works on hardware (chip modded) xboxes?

Thanks in advance!

17. jonygrass

jonygrass Member

After reading this entire posting, does any one have a plain english solution for this problem. I don't want to burn a copy and play it that way, I want to play the game off the hard drive. I have no idea if I have a softmod or a hard mod, I believe I have a hardmod. I don't want to hear about long name support or any suspected reasons for it not working. Just a plain english solution. Thank you in advance.

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@jonygrass

how much more specfic can we get. If you read all the post it states that you can only play it off the disc unless you have a softmod that suports the known fix that was given before.

I would asume if you modded your Xbox to play backup games that you should know how you modded it.

Simple terms:

Hardmod = Modchip
    Softmod = game exploit

19. barberomp

barberomp Member

Well, larrylje.

If I have modded my Xbox with hardmod then I don't have any posibilty to play off form hard disk with thi game???.

I can have a XBOX hardmodded and softmodde on the same time, ¿?

Thank you very much for your answers.

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

As of yet I havent seen a fix for NBA Live06 HD problem for hardmoded and some softmoded systems. I do know that the above softmod that I installed (krayzies installer) and the fix given erlier worked and im playing the game off the hard drive.

as of having a hardmod and a softmod installed on your system I dont know. I have only softmodded my systems.