1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nba live dirty disc error

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by beatz2005, Sep 27, 2005.

1. barberomp

barberomp Member

OK.

All right.

Thank you very much for your help and information

2. XboxxHaxx

XboxxHaxx Guest

Damm Cayotic,i guess your name speaks for it self when it comes to some seriously modded X.Well in that case I have to say 2shay..haha.You got some serious hardware there homie.So do you basiclly have like 10 HD bolted to a server racc runnin windows server 2005 or what.

3. Cayotic

Cayotic Member

No, I really should though even though I got permission from the wifey to get server like that. But instead, since I wanted a network anyways, I have two bare bones computers that I built using parts from tigerdirect, a 2.4ghz gateway that we use in our music studio to run Pro Tools, and a 2.0 gateway laptop that's used for dreamweaver and photoshop when I'm at work.

I bought hard drive caddies from Ebay so when I need to access my Xbox backup drives quickly, I can shutdown the PC, retrieve the drives from my fire proof safe, and swap 'em in real quick before I begin transfering games around the network. If some one brings their modded box over I can usually just transfer a game from my box to theirs but if they see a system link game in my collection that isn't on my XBox then I have to swap some drives. I just feel safer, (paranoid) having them in my safe.

The webserver has a 300, 160, 120, and a dual layer DVD burner. (Haven't used the dual layer feature as the disks are spendy.) The office PC has a couple drives in it but the wife and other guest use it to surf and play WOW. The contents of the safe, besides the pair of 300s mentioned, are classified. :)

Be sure to check out Cayotic.com, it's a little under construction now, but you can check out our music production if you like hip hop.

-------------------------------------
    Sorry for hi-jackin your thread, carry on boys.

4. INewton

INewton Member

Cayotic, im interested in buying n64 roms from your site, but i need a working emulator. can ya help me out?

5. mumbaki

mumbaki Member

Hi, is there any update for the patch to play on hard drive? TIA!

6. barberomp

barberomp Member

I'm sorry but there isn't any path yet.

7. mumbaki

mumbaki Member

I did it! I was able to play the .iso and default.xbe using AVALAUNCH! just launch the game in avalaunch! remember that there are two files only in the folder (nbalive06.iso and default.xbe ->renamed from attach.xbe) now i am playing nba live 06 on hard drive and its smooth as silk! no more lag during playtime!

8. barberomp

barberomp Member

but, Are you using a hardmod or softmod XBOX??

Thanks

9. jp6891

jp6891 Member

i tried opening default.xbe with notepad to make some changes, but i could not understand the sourcecode. I say anyone who knows programming very well, they should take a look at and see if they can make some changes to fix default.xbe.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2005
  10. mumbaki

mumbaki Member

my xbox is softmodded with Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.0, and it plays the iso of nba live 06

11. barberomp

barberomp Member

Oh! thanks.

We are interested in some solution with hardmod XBOX.

We think there isn't any solution for us yet.

Regards

12. ERICUTE

ERICUTE Member

I TRIED BURNING THE NBA LIVE 06 TO A DVDR AND STILL IT GIVES ME THE DIRTY OR DAMAGE DISK ERROR MESSAGE.

THIS IS WHAT I DID:

1.USED DVD2XBOX TO RIP NBA LIVE 06 TO XBOX HDD
    2.USED QWIX TO MAKE AN ISO AND SAVED IT ON MY PC HDD
    3.USED NERO TO BURN THE ISO

IS THIS CORRECT?

13. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@ERICUTE

Yeah, you did it right. I haven't seen too many people have the issue with playing the disc and getting the error. It's mainly those who try to play the game off of the hard drive. For me, making a disc to play the game was the only way to get it to play.

Maybe you should try playing it off the hard drive. Use the krazies installers technique listed above.

14. ERICUTE

ERICUTE Member

CAN YOU PLS GIVE ME THE STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE ON HOW TO MAKE IT WORK ON A DVDR. I WANNA PLAY THE GAME ON A DVD.

15. ERICUTE

ERICUTE Member

HOW CAN I BRUN NBA 06 DIRECTLY TO MY PC HDD. WHAT PROG AM I GONNA USE? I USED QWIX AND BROWSED ON MY XBOX DVD ROM WHICH IS D AND IT SAYS ITS NOT A VALID REMOTE FOLDER... CAN SOMEONE PLS HELP.. THANKS..

16. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@ERICUTE

The steps you performed were correct. There may be a few problems with specifics of your burning but the creation and burning the image were correct.

* Try burning at the slowest speeds possible.
    * Change the media brand (Philips & Verbatim) are good brands
    * Use a different NBA Live disc to rip and backup...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2005
  17. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@ERICUTE

Quit writing in all caps...Forum Rules. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2005
  18. beefaroni

beefaroni Member

okay. so i have a softmod using evox dash -minus nkpatcher10. does anyone know how i can get my softmod to where it has nkpatcher10? i want to do this so that i can play LIVE 06 from the HD. ive already created an iso and renamed the xbe. file. when i try to play it, it just reboots to menu screen. thx in advance.

19. TrevFish

TrevFish Member

Hi there, I know everyone had talked about this and I can't find anything out there but just by the slight chance that someone has figured it out ... Has anyone found a way to play nba live 06 off of your xbox hd? I am lazy, I want the game on my HD, I have a softmodded xbox with Evo-x and I can't get it to work (obviously), but yeah i just havn't seen an update for a while so i thought i would try and write a message, thanks for your help anyone that has an answer and sorry for wasting other peoples time.

20. TrevFish

TrevFish Member

Also, I have a version of Evo-x installed i think it was an evo-x installer? what would it take to put crazees on? would i delete everything? any help would be great!