1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NDS not reading my r4 card!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mads17, Mar 4, 2009.

1. mads17

mads17 Member

Please somebody help me.
    I bought an r4 card off the website. i have done everything im supposed to do, i copied all the files off the cd i got with the card onto the card, and everytime i put the card into the ds it says that no card has been inserted! i really dont no what else to try. Its really frustrating me so someone please give me some answers. Would be very much appreciated.

2. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Look at the R4 entry below

"Paper shim trick

The card is not making contact with the pins in the DS - you need to put a piece of paper or card between the R4 and the rear of the ds, ths pushes the card onto the pins - its a very common issue"

3. mads17

mads17 Member

I have tried this and when i turned it back on it still goes straight onto the normal ds menu and at the top it says no ds card inserted. do u have any other solutions?

4. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

It can take some fiddling to get it to work.

Does the DS see game cartridges, is the R4 visable in another DS??

5. mads17

mads17 Member

Yeah i got the carnival game with the ds when i bought it and that plays fine, and i havent yet tried it in another ds i should be able to try that tommorow. its just so frustrating, ive downloaded games onto it, but i dont understand y it wont read it.

6. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

If its going straight to the ds menu - but a real game is recognised, it can only be a poor contact (Paper shim)or completely faulty card, putting it into another DS will prove whick it is.

7. mads17

mads17 Member

I put my card in another ds today and it ddnt work :( but my friend said i might need different software or something for it? i dont think its faulty because i got it off the r4 website! i just really want it to work ive tried everything! the paper shim dont work either! someone help!

8. ismar

ismar Guest

is other r4 or flashcarts works on your ds?

9. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

If the flashcart is not seen by the DS, it can not be incorrect software, it is either poor contact or a completely faulty card. If you have incorrect software the card will be detected and then go to loading or ask for firmware - Menu?