1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NDSL R4 SDHC 2GB/4GB Loading Screen (**NO Email posting or banned**)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by shamster, Dec 2, 2008.

1. diesel290

diesel290 Member

Hello friends

I am also getting this loading screen problem. I am so desperate and on the limit of depression, really.

DS Lite, blue
    Lexar 2GB micro SD card
    R4i SDHC Revolution for DS (NDSI/NDSL/NDS) gold colour, bought from dinodirect

I have tried everything but it's not working. Please help me. It's a gift for my wife and that damn loading screen keeps popping on.

Thanks!

2. guffy82

guffy82 Member

3. rubbit

rubbit Member

hi puggwash,

i have tryed everything,

i have pink DS model: NTR-001
    R4 sdhc card (purchased at mygameshop)
    4gb sandisk memory card,

i have a second R4 sdhc and the sandisk works fine, i copied all files to the merory disc and it sticks at loading.

help needed, driving me crazy

4. king_mark

king_mark Member

HI, I got a card for christmas and it has stopped working, when i turn it on a red menu error appears,

i have downloaded lots of kernals but none have worked. The box that it came in was black and has a giant green R4 with SDHC wrote under it (it doesnt say new or anything like that) I also have a normal DS. If anybody could help it would be appreciated.

PS. i someone could talk me through how to set it up I would appreciate it (Im not to good with computers)

5. tibby

tibby Member

Hello,
    I had the same problem. Go to R4ds.co.uk look for your kind of r4card and your micro sd size. I have r4sdhc revolution 8gb. I used the software V1.16 B. This took quite some hours to figure it out because it kept saying loading screen with all other firmware (that should work by saying). My english is not so good I'm from Holland sorry. You download the winrar zip and save on your computer. Then u unpack by double clicking and you see some maps and documents, kopie these and click on extract to, select the one where your memorycard is in and click ok. Now put your games on. Ready. Let me know if it worked ok. Good luck, I hope I helped you. Greetings

6. king_mark

king_mark Member

tibby, thank you i got my card working

7. CaFrEaKgE

CaFrEaKgE Member

tearing hair, gritting teeth, and many loud noises of anger are what this r4 has brought forth. i have tried every firmware i can get my hands on. i have formatted a 2Gb sandisk into fat and fat32, and tried all the firmwares i could find. did the same thing with a 4gb sandisk. and i get the same black screen white loading screen, with a dash of red lights thrown in.

I have a NDSL model usg-001
    a 2gb sandisk card, a 4GB sandisk card
    R4 SDHC (NDSL/NDS)
    im at my wits end here. i just want it to work... any help would be nice.

8. tibby

tibby Member

Hello,
    I had the same problem. Go to R4ds.co.uk look for your kind of r4card and your micro sd size. I have r4sdhc revolution 8gb. I used the software V1.16 B. This took quite some hours to figure it out because it kept saying loading screen with all other firmware (that should work by saying). My english is not so good I'm from Holland sorry. You download the winrar zip and save on your computer. Then u unpack by double clicking and you see some maps and documents, kopie these and click on extract to, select the one where your memorycard is in and click ok. Now put your games on. Ready. Let me know if it worked ok. Good luck, I hope I helped you. Greetings

9. tibby

tibby Member

Hello, You have to use firmware V1.32 this is the one! Good luck and let me know if it worked. Greetings

10. marlon12

marlon12 Member

version 1.32 works now. (www.r4sdhc.com)

11. CaFrEaKgE

CaFrEaKgE Member

I got it going on an older version, but ill take a look at the 1.32 later. I play at work so I don't wanna screw with it till I know I have the time to work on it if it dosent work. Thanks for the help!

12. lycy

lycy Member

Hi everyone

Have a bit of problem with the new R4 SDHC card just bought. It's not the first one I've bought but this problem has really stumped me!

Summary:
    2x 8GB Kingston micro sd (new)
    1x 4GB generic micro sd (new)
    1x 512MB SanDisk (4 years plus used)
    1x 8GB SanDisk (1 yr plus)
    1x 2GB Kingston (2 yr plus)
    R4 Upgrade Card

Was told to download the firmware which is the 1.16b from their website http://www.r4i.co.uk/r4

Firmware works fine but the problem I have is the loading times
    1. the 2 8GB kingston cards took about 3 minutes to load a game
    2. 4GB generic card took 3 minutes to load a game
    3. 512MB took less than 10 secs
    4. 8GB SanDisk took less than 10 secs
    5. 2GB Kingston card took less than 10 secs

I hacve tried formatting them numerous times already, even tried different versions of firmware but the ones which did work, still took more than 2 minutes for any game to load up.

Any ideas? Am really desperate. Am doing this as a favour for a friend as I own a TT card which is superb but I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere.

I have thought about returning the sd cards. what do you think?

13. roddyboy2

roddyboy2 Member

Hi, I'm very new to this as you will as you read on.. Anyway i got a dstt card today and downloaded everything i needed to and formatted sd card to fat 32.. I downloaded ds roms from a torrent site that had good reviews .I put them onto sd card but when i put it in to ds and powered it up ,the top screen showed the dstt title and bottom screen just shows sys option and underneath it says icon name size but no game files are showing . Any help at all would be appreciated .Thanks in advance.

14. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

I've ran into similar problems using 2Gb Kingston Micro SD cards with the R4 cards but only the ones which are made in Taiwan. The ones marked as made in Japan seem to load at 'normal' speeds. It must be something to do with the combination of SD card and games card as the 'slow' cards work fine in different branded games cards.

15. Furen

Furen Member

Hey all...

I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing the same old sob story, (I would know, I've read nearly every post here) but here it is again..

R4-SDHC... Most likely a clone.
    SanDisk 2GB Micro...
    Blue classic DS.

"Loading..." Screen problem... tried every firmware I could get my grubby hands on, from every site, formatted in both FAT and FAT32... I even looked into that YSMenu thing... Nothing. I've had this bloody thing for over a year and still can't get it to work right! Enough is enough, I want this thing working, what with the release of HG/SS... -sigh-

Pugg, I've seen how you work miracles for these other hapless souls. I beg of you to work some magic here.. nothing seems to be working. My portable gaming future is in your capable hands...

16. CloudAnge

CloudAnge Member

Hey, I'm new at this stuff and I just bought a R4 card and I've tried all the current firmwares as I can and formatted my SD card a few times and I am still stuck on the loading screen. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or has successfully got it working.
    I have:
    R4 SDHC, Revolution for DS(NDSL/NDS)
    Kingston 2GB Micro SD, made in Taiwan, FAT32
    White DS Lite
    PC

17. superds

superds Member

Hello All,

I have a R4 Revolution V2 (NDSL/NDS), made in China. A 4GB MicroSD card. I have the same loading problem...

It's a red DS lite, model USG-001 and serial UG167506735. I have tried the R4 v1.18 kernel and a couple of others but it always stop on the loading screen.

Thanks for your help.

18. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

The card you describe sounds like an original R4 card. Trouble is they are not compatable with HD Micro SD cards (anything above 2GB). If you have access to a 2GB Micro SD try that.

19. spandex10

spandex10 Member

Hi guys,

Same old story as everyone else I am afraid. I have PM'ed Senor Puggwash but know he has a lot of people looking for his help.

So, hoped someone else may have some info for me.

I have this, http://www.mymemory.co.uk/R4-Adaptors/R4/R4i-Gold-Card-Adapter-for-Nintendo-DSi-+-8GB-Micro-SD-Card

It's a R4i Gold adaptor card, 8GB MSD card which I am trying to use on a DSi XL.

I've tried different software but when I run a game it either says loading or freezes at the beginning with "Application halted !!Please refer [/moonshl2/logbuf.txt]"
    and it stays frozen there. movies and music seem to play fine, weird.

My wife thinks I'm a fool with the kids quickly joining that merry bandwagon!

I have a 20 hour flight coming up with the lot of them in a couple of days time and am worried we won't make it! :) I do love them of course.

My operating system is XP if that's any help.

Cheers and many many thanks in advance.

20. lmaonade

lmaonade Guest

Hi guys.

My R4 SDHC was working fine before I upgraded to the latest firmware. I know I should probably have saved the firmware I was using, and that was a stupid mistake, but this is kind of driving me crazy now.

I have the R4 SDHC Revolution for the DS, 2 GB generic micro SD card, white NDSL. Also if it helps, I didn't have the Moonshell folder before. I am also using a PC.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh, I've just figured out I've been downloading the wrong firmware all along. I got my firmware from www.r4ultra.com. I knew there was a website written on my flashcart... ^^; Well, I hope that might be able to help some people.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010