1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NDSL R4 SDHC 2GB/4GB Loading Screen (**NO Email posting or banned**)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by shamster, Dec 2, 2008.

1. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

Are you trying to use the card in a DS or a DSi? The R4sdhc is only for the DS.
    Did the card ever work?

From what I have read you can now use the Akaio 1.8.1 firmware on the R4ulta so you can also try that firmware.
    http://www.r4ultra.com/download.htm

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  2. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

A lot of the 'newer' R4 cards are clones of the TTDS card and can run it's firmware. You could try download the firmware from here (thanks to retrogamefan):
    http://filetrip.net/f22932-TTDS-EXT-INFO-SAV-v6-40.html

After you unzip the file rename the TTMenu.dat file to TTMenu.nds and copy this and the TTMenu foler onto your SD card along with your R4 firmware. When you go into yor list of games you should now also see 'TTMenu' in the list. Select this and it will hopefully load up the TTDS firmware and try and play your games from here.

3. mick561

mick561 Member

4. Floniary

Floniary Member

i think first you can check your console careful,make sure your card is compatible with your console,because if you many flash carts now can work on v1.4.1,like r4igold,r4i-sdhc and so on, and try to download newest kernel

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  5. Floniary

Floniary Member

i think first you can check your console careful,make sure your card is compatible with your console,because if you many flash carts now can work on v1.4.1,like r4igold,r4i-sdhc and so on, and try to download newest kernel

6. gill_1979

gill_1979 Member

Hi, I'm having similar problems and am looking for help!
    I've just replaced my really old Ds one Supercard with an R4 revolution v2.0 (gold box & sdhc) and I'm using a ds lite.
    All the old games I used on my supercard work fine with the R4 and Kernel version I have, but I can't get any "newer" games to work. I just get the black "loading" screen and then both screens go white. Can anyone help?

7. taggarts

taggarts Member

hi guys ive got ds lite with r4 SDHC 2 gb and stuck on the loading, can any one please help me out with this, many thanks

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  8. mike1233

mike1233 Member

Hi All
    I purchsed an r4 shdc card and 2 gb sandisk from consolemodz.com before xmas for use with my sons nintendo DS. Ive found it impossible to get it to work. The box supplied with the box appears to be quite generic, just a white box, saying R4 with no website markings on it. The card itself says r4 sdhc Revolution for DS ( NDSL/NDS). Ive tried over 40 different r4 firware versions to no avail. I know that the sandisk 2 gb chip works fine individually, as Ive tried it with my daughters supercard. I formatted the san disk micro sd, using the panasonic formatter. Ive installed both r4 cards and supercards before with no problems, so i suspect a faulty or strange clone r4. Ive contacted the website I bought it from but they havent replied. Any assistance greatly appreciated!

9. E4usky

E4usky Member

I have bought one Acekard 2i card for DSi/DSL/DS with 1G TF Card from PICKEGG. Not have such problem. I am lucky

10. taggarts

taggarts Member

ok guys having tried all the kernals out there, with no luck for the r4 sdhc, ive found it ya hoo lol, i found out mine was a fake r4 with the 2gb, any one who want the link pm me i would gratefully send it to you, or if allowed to post here, happy new year everyone

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  11. gill_1979

gill_1979 Member

Hi, I seem to have found a solution!...well, for my version at least. I went back onto the website on my box and there's some new software! It seems to be some kind of acekard software but it works on my version 2 R4i card. Might be worth some of you giving it a try:
    the website is www.r4ids.com and the software that works for me is the v2.0 update AKAIO1.81
    Hope it works for some of you too.

12. Renegade94

Renegade94 Member

Hello,

I have a question, i just bought a 8GB SDHC card and I used it on my R4.
    In the beginning everything was fine, but when I have more than 538 songs in a
    file it doesn't show the other songs even if I raise the maximum amount of files showed.
    I just get to see these weird looking symbols and japanese kanji...

One of my questions is if Moonshell has a limit for certian files ?
    Cause this doesn't happen on my 4GB SDHC...

Could somebody please help me ?

13. Jukatzu

Jukatzu Member

PLEASE I have the exact same problem and specs as Skined! I will currently kill for the files :D lool please fix my prob asap :) thanks a lot N gurus ^^

14. axleb

axleb Member

I know this tread is old and all, but can i get some help I have an old R4 SDHC Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) card their newest firmware for my card is 1.34 nearly a year out of date, and lots of issues. main one is new games just white screen. is there anything I can do, IE use a substitute firmware set :) hope someone can help

15. DarkEater

DarkEater Member

switch to using wood R4 that works great with playing new games. i have used the r4 wood and it works great but then again i am having a few problems of my own, but the wood R4 should help you out i think there newest firmware is 1.25 at this moment in time

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  16. axleb

axleb Member

where can i get one? please

17. petescrivs

petescrivs Member

Hi,
    Having trawled through 20 odd pages of this forum I have only seen this particular error twice, with no solution :-(
    (maybe they were sorted privately)
    Is there anyone out there who can fix this:

on the bottom screen select the middle button for media and get presented with this error:

Top screen:
    Moonshell Ver 2.01+1 stable booting...
    Extension memory was not found

Bottom screen:
    An error was detected while trying to access the
    disc or a file. Please confirm thew followings:
    Was ROM file of a correct DLDI patch started?
    Please re-format the media and try again.
    Please try with different media from another manufacturer.

When you select the left hand button for games there is no problem they all work fine.

I have: Formatted the card 4 times and tried different firmware versions
    The card is an r4i card and the firmware I currently have installed is from the web address on the r4i card.
    I have changed the date and removed and replaced the battery.

Here's the stickler for you, my daughters have a dslite each, exact same model, however only one of the ds's is affected making me think that there is a prob with the ds itself.
    Are there any advanced settings I can change.

(we also have a r4 card which works in the 'good' DS and not the other-with a different error msg)

Please help

Thanks in advance

Pete

18. linwood79

linwood79 Member

sry,but r4 sdhc?
    let me google it for you
    look
    r4flash

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  19. Laura999

Laura999 Member

Two months ago bought a new card, also had the similar problem "program loading screen", try to get rid of all the methods you provided, eventually it works/ thank everyone!

20. hemant81

hemant81 Member

im using a r4 ultra sdhc, with a 4gb hdsc kingston memory card. but its just stuck on the loading screen!

Last edited: May 16, 2011