1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NDSL R4 SDHC 2GB/4GB Loading Screen (**NO Email posting or banned**)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by shamster, Dec 2, 2008.

1. baz5453

baz5453 Member

im having the same problem too. keeps sticking at the loading screen. any chance any one could email me the settings/firmware please

2. baz5453

baz5453 Member

can any one email me the firm ware please. im also having the loading screen problem . email too *email removed* thanks if poss. tried several kernals and no luck arghh

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  3. brownale

brownale Member

Baz there is no set firmware to email you, as Skined posted earlier you just have to work your way through the kernels at this link linfoxdomain until you find the one that works. If you dont find one there visit the individual sites and maybe try the earlier versions from each site.

4. neakhiz

neakhiz Member

Hi, This is a noob question! I have an R4 SDHC and 256MB MicroSD w/o a brand name! my sister game me this, Its from her cellphone...... before i decide to buy 2GB - up, just want to know if this 256MB can still work! its already DEC 26 still no luck... I tried the firmware from R4 Ultra v1.51 but after the loading screen it gives me a black blank screen! maybe still need some adjustments, pls help! thanks!

5. atomic22

atomic22 Member

yes it should work, i tested my sdhc with my phone card and it worked straightaway even with all my phone software and mp3s etc on it.
    just load sdhc firmware (easiest to download and work is 1.21) and the card should work although you wont get many games on a 256mb card
    better to spend £2.50 on a 2g card from ebay with next day delivery.
    any make of card will do and they come ready fat formatted and therefore dont need formatting (even though lots of people seem to feel it necessary for some reason).

6. bignerd

bignerd Member

Being stuck at the loading screen is very frustrating... But I finally got mine to work. I have the R4SDHC and 2GB Kingston microSD. I tried every firmware on the R4SDHC home page but none of them worked. Then I tried the R4Ultra 1.51 firmware (from www.linfoxdomain.com) and the Loading screen went away but I was still stuck at a black screen. The I tried R4SDHC 1.20 firmware from www.linfoxdomain.com (not the R4SDHC homesite) and it WORKED! Then just for the hell of it, I tried R4SDHC version 1.24 from www.linfoxdomain.com and it also WORKED! Then for the hell of it, I tried 1.25 from www.linfoxdomain.com and I got stuck at the loading screen again... So now I'm just using 1.24 and hopefully a fix for 1.25 will come out soon.

Long story short, the firmware on www.linfoxdomain.com worked for me and NOT the firmware on www.r4sdhc.com. FYI, the 1.24 firmware on www.linfoxdomain.com and www.r4sdhc.com are different sizes...

7. alexkid90

alexkid90 Member

OK, after a few hours of banging my head against a wall and eventually a short period of tearing my hair out, I found a solution that worked for me. I'm using the R4 SDHC with a 4Gb Kingston SDHC card. I tried every ROM under the sun formatting numerous times (FAT/FAT32/NTFS) finally the breakthrough came when using the Panasonic SD Formatter. After formatting I didn't bother with the latest Kernel but first tried the v1.24 from www.linfoxdomain.com and as if by magic!

Good luck in getting your R4 up and running everyone, it can be very frustrating continually getting a loading screen, but well worth persisting once you get it up and running and please dont forget the Panasonic Formatter, it saved my sanity today.

8. Big_EZ

Big_EZ Member

Hi Guys

Sorry to to add to this, im not the most technically gifted and after reading im not completley sure which is the best option to try.

I have the same issue as most have been posting, the black screen with loading message!!.

I have listed below what equipment I have, if anyone could steer me in the right direction I would be really greatful.

2 x Nintendo DS Lights
    2 x R4 SDHC (Purchased through Amazon)
    2 x Veho 2gb SD cards (Not SDHC) Would this matter??

Thanks in advance for your help

Big EZ

9. alexkid90

alexkid90 Member

Hi EZ.

Did you try downloading and running the Panasonic SD Formatter (link is earlier on this thread). I know some people have tried it to no avail but it certainly seemed to be the difference for me.

10. kabjjrb

kabjjrb Member

hello all i just wanted to say that i bought my r4 sdhc from dsdeals.com and on there site they have the firmware for their products. just got my r4 sdhc two days ago and everything worked fine from the begining. the shipping from that site i got mine from took a long time but atleast they have the RIGHT firmware for their products. so if anyone is planning on getting another r4 check out their site. also i use a 4gig sandisk i bought off ebay. i did use the panasonic formatter before loading firmware. hope this helps anyone planning on buying or buying another r4 sdhc.

11. rippedjoe

rippedjoe Member

I have had a lot of problems with my R4 cards. I have had two different types of R4 cards. I have bought the regular R4 with a 2gb kingston and I purchased a R4SDHC with a 4gb Kingston. I downloaded Version 1.18 for both and both are working with that kernel (or download file). I got it right of the R4 website and it is working great. Good luck to everyone and god speed :)

12. stavros83

stavros83 Member

Hi all

First of all thank you all for the help listed through the pages and pages on this particular issue. I had the same problem with the screen getting stuck on the "Loading" black and white screen. But to confirm I purchased the R4 Ultra SDHC model and the firmware that worked for me was on the following link:

http://www.r4ultra.com/download.htm

And the firmware version was on 1.52. This has worked for me now, so any of you guys that are having problems with the same version, this should work for you.

Thanks

13. Puggwash

Puggwash Member

Hi all, hope you all had a Great NDS Xmas.

If any of you out there are stuck when you have loaded a 'Game' and it will not Save or you recieve a message on the screen saying not Saved or cannot find the Saved bit, let me know as I have the tool to open any of the Games on your DS that has been downloaded.

I will try to answer as many Q's as possible if i can help.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year.

Pugg

14. CutieKW

CutieKW Member

hey guys,

I have just bought an R4-III upgrade Revolution for DS from Amazon market place and like many others i seem to be stuck on the loading screen....

I have tried using various different firmware, incl after reading this thread the 1.22 mentioned by pugwash which hasnt worked either...the memory card im using is a sandisk 128mb...is this too small? Any help would be great or i'll have to return it :-(

Hopefully someone is around on new yrs eve, hehe!

Kelly xx

15. kabjjrb

kabjjrb Member

try this site
    http://www.r4iii.com/r4iii.html
    i talked to someone in another forum that has that card and it works, and they said they downloaded the firmware from that site. also i'm not too sure if the card your using is too small. i have the R4 sdhc and use a 4gig sandisk. did you try the panasonic sd card formatter? i formated my card with that before i even loaded the firmware. also on that site try the latest firmware then work your way down. on my cards site the newest firmware doesn't work on my card.

16. CutieKW

CutieKW Member

nope, that site doesnt work for me :-( feel like i've tried everything now except get a bigger card...do i need a sd card or an sdhc card for the r4-III? anyone know?

17. kabjjrb

kabjjrb Member

well i'm not really sure what the problem is. if you do end up sending it back and buying another. buy one from dsdeals.com and buy the r4 sdhc. they have the firmware for their products on the site. they don't sell the r4 III. but mine works fine and havn't had to patch a game yet. best of luck to you

18. CutieKW

CutieKW Member

hmmm... i have the firmware for this one, it came with a cd that had the files on it - i put my 128mb card in, copied the files onto it, then put it in my ds...just get the loading page....thats why im trying to work out if i need a bigger card...'cept i dont have a bigger one to put in to try, do'h!

19. kabjjrb

kabjjrb Member

right click the cd and go to properties and see what the size is. you might not even have enough space for the files.

20. CutieKW

CutieKW Member

nah i have the space, i can even fit two games on to the card along with the firmware and then it tells me there's no space for a third game...so its not that, lol!