1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NDSL R4 SDHC 2GB/4GB Loading Screen (**NO Email posting or banned**)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by shamster, Dec 2, 2008.

1. kabjjrb

kabjjrb Member

did you make a file called "Games". to put all your games in? if they gave you the disc will the firmware on it then it's not the firmware thats the issue i wouldn't think. the other thing is my r4 sdhc says that it can use cards from 2gig to 32gig. so maybe you do need another card. try one more thing for me. format your card using windows, and format it to a fat, or a fat16. try FAT first. cuz someone told me that with the sdhc cards i have to have my card formatted a FAT32. so maybe since your card isn't sdhc it has to be FAT or FAT16. i'm not sure i'm just giving suggestions. if you used the panasonic formatter it formats in fat32 only i think, i didn't see anyother formats when i used it. also try just loading the firmware and no games and see if it passes the loading screen. keep me posted, i'll be online all night.....lol happy new years

2. CutieKW

CutieKW Member

i will try this tomo! its making my eyes go all funny, haha! but thanks for trying to help me outm i'll update u again tomo hun! happy new year to you also!! x

3. Puggwash

Puggwash Member

Hi all, hope you all had a Great DS Newy Year.

I see that CutieKW is having trouble with her system trying to get it running.
    Running with a 128mb disc will not give you much space to load games.
    Usually the software you have to load to get the R4 working takes up approx 15-20mb.
    Depending on what Games you load will reduce the memory on the Disc.

Most operators use a 1gb disc, ensuring they can get more games on the card.
    2gb is the best one to use, running higher gb's I have checked it does cause some errors but not on all DS consoles.
    DS consoles come with different settings inside (not all DS or DS Lite are the same). It does takes some pain finding the right software but they are out there and do work.
    I have most of the software that has ben checked and works.

I have also now aquired sotware for Games (yes new ones are coming out that the R4 will not read) that show up cannot read the 'Save' or will not auto' Save'.
    If anyone has this problem, let me know and ill set it up for you.

Going back to CutieKW, if you get back in touch with me, I will go through the system with you and hopefully get it sorted.

Hope you all enjoy the DS buzz.

Pugg

4. CutieKW

CutieKW Member

ok guys..... im past the loading page!! i'm yet to load any games on as i havent got that far yet, hehe! i went out and got a 2gb card and its working so far.... ! wow - what a new year, im so happy :)

I just wanted to say that as im a newbie i wasnt really expecting so much help from you but a massive thanks to kabjjrb for being around on a new yrs eve! Ans also to Puggwash who has so readily offered to help, THANK YOU!!!

Kelly x

5. Puggwash

Puggwash Member

Kelly,

Anytime. Great to know you have bought a bigger card, should work fine once you have got the games loaded.

Any help needed in future, drop me a line.

Pugg

6. dannyproc

dannyproc Member

hi
    just a quick one to say ive been struggling to get my r4 to work but went onto http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ as suggested in a previous thread and it now works a treat.

happy gaming and happy new year
    dan

7. shawkes23

shawkes23 Member

Hi guys,
    I really really need some help, very frustrated. Got an R4 this morning and after putting the software on etc i just got stuck at the loading screen. i have tried everything, including downloading all the different firmwares and using the panasonic formatter.
    Is it possibly a faulty R4? I got it from model gadget.... : (

8. woof811

woof811 Regular member

on the r4 box it came in is there a website where you could download the firmware from or is there a disc in the box with the firmware on it ?

have you tried here for the many different versions of firmware - http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

you could try here - http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/R4_compatibility_list also for a custom r4ds firmware v1.19u created with ysmenu - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CLVRA5ZZ

when trying different r4ds firmware on your memory card make sure you delete the old before putting on the new .

iff you still have probs then let me know , woof811.

9. shawkes23

shawkes23 Member

wersite is www.r4sdhc.com, but tried all the downloads on that and nothing.
    just a though - i have a r4 sdhc card, but it came with a 'Lexar 2GB Micro SD'. i have just seen on another website that you can get a Micro SDHC card - is this what i should be using or doesn't it matter? I have ordered another r4 in case mine was faulty or something, but really dont want to spend any more money : (

10. woof811

woof811 Regular member

it will not matter if you use a normal micro sd memory ( 1 or 2 gb )card or a micro sdhc memory ( 4 gb upwards ) card they will both work the same .

its a pity you have ordered another r4ds as i wouldnt have recommended any r4ds version.

dont get me wrong the original r4ds was good but they dont make them anymore and they havent had any updates for quite a while , a lot of manufacturers have jumped on the band wagon and started to make fakes , copies or clones of the r4ds and people are having nothing but trouble with them loading errors and so on.........

i will however recommend to anyone thinking of buying a nds flashcart a cyclo ds , edge ds , m3ds real , supercard sd one or acekard , these are well supported with frequent firmware updates , very solidly made and support sdhc memory .

woof811.

11. shawkes23

shawkes23 Member

ok so i'm seriously thinking of buying a cyclo ds now - would you recommend this i.e. is it easy to set up and download games?!? also, the one i have found is £40 - can u get them cheaper than this?
    hopefully will be able to sell my 2 R4's on ebay?

12. woof811

woof811 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  13. shawkes23

shawkes23 Member

Found one on consoleup.com - £29.99 as don't need a micro card or usb with it.

14. woof811

woof811 Regular member

15. shawkes23

shawkes23 Member

Managed to get my R4 SDHC working yesterday after huuuuuuuge help from Puggwash - thank you so much : )

16. brownale

brownale Member

Hey shawkes23 was it the r4 from model gadget that you got working ? I bought mine from there (well klickstore but its the same as far as I'm aware) and the little sticker on the box says to go to the same place. Let me know what kernel you tried please, would be much appreciated.

17. Puggwash

Puggwash Member

Brownale,

shawkes23 used one I sent to her which happily sorted out the R4 set up.
    If you need assistance, send me a private message along with your email and ill send it to you.

Pugg

18. tamara144

tamara144 Member

hi can any one help me ????????? i got a r4sdhc and kingston 2g card for xmas asnd i have put in every firmware i can find ..i got it from model gadget ....it is driving me crazy ,could some one help me to get it working as it wont go past the loading screen.

19. neakhiz

neakhiz Member

Im the one who have the R4 SDHC and 256MB "NO BRAND NAME" I used the firmware 1.21 and it worked, now I'm looking to purchase a much higher memory card since I proved that my R4 is working, my cousin is using 2GB SANDISK and using the firmware 1.20, you can try this, hope it will help others too!

20. shawkes23

shawkes23 Member

Sounds like exactly the one i had....
    Puggwash, can you help?