1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NDSL R4 SDHC 2GB/4GB Loading Screen (**NO Email posting or banned**)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by shamster, Dec 2, 2008.

1. tamara144

tamara144 Member

Thanx for the help...Puggwash is helping me to get it going , and if i cant get it going then it is heading for the bin. lol

2. woof811

woof811 Regular member

3. tamara144

tamara144 Member

Thanx, I was already thinking of getting a diffrent one cause when birthdays and xmas come along i always seem to buy myself nds games.its my own fault it just proves crime dont pay lol and if there is anything that wont work it will come to me, ialways have bad luck like that .Its my birthday next week so what would you recommend?

4. woof811

woof811 Regular member

hello any of the following will work fine and are made by a well supported team -

cyclods evolution - the most expensive but you do get what you pay for .

m3ds real - made by the well respected m3team .

edge ds - very similar to the cyclods but a bit cheaper , bought about 20 for this christmas and all working fine .

all can use normal micro sd memory or micro sdhc memory ( i use transcend 4gb memory but kingston and sandisk are good as well , 4gb holds about 80 ish games )

woof811.

5. tamara144

tamara144 Member

Thanx wolf,
    gonna have a look around the net for the cyclone as i want summit that will work lol x x x

6. tamara144

tamara144 Member

hi wolf...just found a good one on www.cyclods-evolution.com it gives you a money back garantee and only £35 with sd card but i already got a 2g one with the r4 .

7. woof811

woof811 Regular member

ive never bought from that website mate so cant tell you if they are good or bad to buy from .

the price seems cheap enough though .

normally buy in the uk from here - http://www.addictsupplies.com/index.php they dont have any cyclods in stock but they do have edge ds ( very similar to the cyclo ds ) and m3ds real .

8. Puggwash

Puggwash Member

Hiya, DS crew.

I see you are all sending in data on what to buy in R4's and SD cards.

Also, the Kernel's that are out there, some do not work with the Discs you all have.

I have come across people re-formatting their SD card before loading the Kernels. This I know will affect the disc. The SD disc when bought should be in working order. Do not format it when its new.

I only buy 2 types of SD discs, being 'Lexar' & SanDisc (all on 2gb).

Buying these, I have never come across any problems and have tried in different R4's and all work fine.

I do buy my R4's abroad (like most of you) and in the UK.

The latest im buying will arrive on Thursday and I will be testing with different cards to check if what you are all stating is true.

I will update you all when i get the discs delivered.

In the meantime, please keep updating this forum, as it has now grown into a community of R4 searchers.

If anyone has issues that I may be able to assist with, please don't hesitate to get in touch either through here or private.

If anyone has got through the Loading section but when the Game is loading find that the save section will not show and the DS says restart, let me know as Iv'e got some software that gets you through this.

Oh, updates on new games. These will become harder to load onto the SD without the software.

Many DS Thanks

Pugg.

9. moneystax

moneystax Member

Hi i just recieved my r4 sdhc, from a site call r4ultra but i can't get past the loading screen if any1 can help just send me a private message and i ca get you my e-mail adress thx in advance.

10. smoky1999

smoky1999 Member

Hi all I would like to say that i have the r4 sdhc and i have no problem with it and i am running 1.18 kernal and i have a 8gb 4gb and 2gb chip's that i use in it i did have the loading screen but after taking the micro sd out and reinserting it cleared my problem oh and if anyone wants larger card get in touch as i can get them at reasonable prices as well as r4 cyclone n5 in fact all the cards that have been made for the ds

11. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

The R4 SDHC this R4 seems to have an issue with cards over 4GB, it will accept them but if you read other forums any games added once the capacity is over 4GB will be ignored.

Take others advise and read the other foums, think hard before you spend you money on anything with the R4 name in it (and there are curently 9 of them)

If you are not sure - be sensible and get something else

12. smoky1999

smoky1999 Member

well i have not had any problems with any of the chips i have put in mine andi have currently over 200 games on my 8gb sd card and they all work and play fine i must say though it dose have to be formatted to fat32 thats the only thing i found with it and i also think it depends on how well they have been made as i had 5 of them and only 1 dont work correctly but at the price i payed for them loosing $6 usd is not alot

13. missyp

missyp Member

Hi All

After many trials and tribulations I got 3 out of my 4 R4SDHC cards from Klickstore working with some software (not sure which version as I downloaded so many, but I can email them out if anyone wants to try). I was using 4gb Sandisks cards.

One of the cards is faulty and I'm having absololutely no joy in contacting them for a replacement. Their email inbox is full and they have not responded to the 'ticket' I sent them before xmas.

Anyone having the same problem?

If I can help anyone out with the firmware please send me your email and I'll send you the one that worked for me

Regards
    MissyP

14. brownale

brownale Member

Just a quick note to say thanks to Puggwash for the help, your a real stalwart of the community. And also a friend of mine just bought a DSTT-Advance (I wish I'd known he was ordering it :( ) from deal extreme and it doesn't work, seemingly a lot of people have had problems with "the white screen of death" caused by the kernel bricking the dstt, once it's bricked thats it ruined. Just another one to avoid if your looking for alternatives to the r4.

missyp - sent you a pm. Gonna have one last ditch attempt at the Klickstore r4 before I get the hammer out

15. moneystax

moneystax Member

If any1 could help me i can't get passed the black loading screen, it the r4ultra and i've tried there firmware to no avail

16. baz5453

baz5453 Member

have now had my r4 card runing fine with no probs using a 2 gig kingston card and the 1.18 v kernal.
    have also had 2 n5 cards for friends and they worked perfect first time with the latest kernal for them.think it was 1.27 i used the 2 gig scan disk cards for them.

17. grock1111

grock1111 Member

please i need help with 4rsdhc

18. grock1111

grock1111 Member

can you help me please i need the 4rsdhc rar

19. Puggwash

Puggwash Member

Hi all,

Just to say the R4 cards I recieved today are perfect and all work with the Kernel I have loaded onto them.

I ordered on Sunday and arrived today, amazing delivery time.

Again I ordered R4 SDHC cards which loaded straight away.

I have tried different Kernels and all work, so unfortunetly for some of you out there, wherever you are buying the R4's from I think maybe total Duds which will be hard to crack open.

I will be conducting a few experiments over the next few days with different R4's and Micro SD cards to see which are the best and the worst, so keep looking on this page.

It is good to know, alot of you out there are now heading towards this site, which has caught on over the past weeks to find information and updates for your DS equipment.

Keep sending me information and I will do my utmost in getting back to you all.
    Hopefully we will try to solve the DS dilema most are having out there.

Many Thanks and keep DS digging.

Pugg

20. missyp

missyp Member

Hi grock

The rar file is a type of zip file. You need to download the software from http://www.jzip.com/index.php?bt=c

Once you have this downloaded you can extract the firmware files from the rar file. Hope this helps

missyP