1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ndstt will not load roms

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Adamsky, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

Hello, I am grey and wrinkly and have just recieved a NDSTT card for my sons DS. All day I have been trying to get it to work. I have trawled the net for answers and the only conclusion is that the software on the disc provided is out of date. I have been to the official web site but everytime I click on the downloads nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Is it downloading and I do not see it? Or is there somewhere else I can get it from?

2. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

I have now managed to download the latest firmware but still get same message. The game shows on the DS screen but when you click to load a black screen comes up with the message open TTMENU.sys.error!
    reset system. When I put the card back in the PC the files now read TTMELU instead of TTMENU can anyone help please?

3. woof811

woof811 Regular member

hello i dont have a dstt but i have one due to be delivered .
    ill have a go at helping you .

first format your memory card to fat ( fat16 )

next the folder you are putting on the micro sd memory card is it this one -

ttmenu_v1.07

also just put this folder onto your memory card and do not open the folder to put other sub folders on instead . ( copy this folder ttmenu_v1.07 to the memory card )

now dont put any games on yet , put the dstt ( with memory card inserted ) in your nintendo ds and see if it boots up on the dstt menu .

if it does put your games on your memory card in .nds format and see if they load up .

let me know how you get on , woof811.

4. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

The disc only has a file called Eng on it you are supposed to open and then copy three files from it.It tells you not to add seperate folder for games as per R4. But just add the game files in the same place as the files. I have downloaded the files from the web which come in Rar file. When unzipped again there are just three folders one Eng, the other two are Chinese and another language. So there is no folder that you describe. Q: I have tried the R4 files from someone and these do not load at all when inserted into DS. Should they work with NDSTT?

5. woof811

woof811 Regular member

no mate r4ds files will only work with a r4ds !

right mate my fault ive looked at the homepage and this is what it tell you to do -

Connect the TF card to PC by the card reader, insert CD, copy the " TTMENU " directory and TTMenu.dat file from the necessary language directory to the root directory of TF card (e.g. the simplified kernel file).

in your case in the english folder copy the TTMenu folder and the TTMENU file ( datfile ) and the other file TTMENU . ( 1 folder + 2 files )

try that and see what happens , make sure there is nothing on the memory card before copying the files to it .

woof811.

p.s. all games have to be unrared and in .nds format to play them. ( normally when you unrar them they will be in .nds format.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  6. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

If I copy just two files you say and not three as per instructions it boots up ok. I then put a game on and tried again and it will not even boot up. the little black envelope that comes up in the top screen turns red with the word menu.The other file I talk about is 4,096kb and says system file. do you think I need to create a sub folder for the games? incidently it comes with screen shot in a word doc telling you how it should be done. just as a matter of interest, its obvious that windows will not recognise these files but on the screenshots the file I have just mentioned shows as a gold CD with a blue triangle on it but not when I view it on my pc. am I missing some software to recognise the file and will thismake a difference?

7. woof811

woof811 Regular member

sorry my fault again :eek:(
    yes mate copy all 3 from the english folder -

the TTMenu folder and the other 2 TTMENU files

then see if it boots up iff it does then try a game in .nds format.

let me know how you get on , woof811.

8. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

This is where I have got to. Incase my first thread was not clear. I copy the files onto the micro SD and a game. I insert the micro SD into the NDSTT and insert both into the DS. When turned on the DS starts as normal then loads from the NDSTT and the game is showing in the bottom screen. When I clck or touch the screen to start the rom, it first creates a sav file then starts to load the rom. But freezes and the eror message I mentioned earlier on a black screen pops up and you have to switch off and start again. This is when the menu file turns into Melu.

9. woof811

woof811 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  10. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

I have tried: Best of card games :Donkey Kong jungle climber: Tiger woods pga tour 2008: worms open warfare 2 :Brain age 2 more brain training ad ultimate puzzle games sudoku eition. I have 336 to choose from in one torent file and two more folders with 75 in each.

11. woof811

woof811 Regular member

found this on another forum -

On the bottom screen is a list of all the games on the card it's easily scrollable with either the touchscreen or d-pad. Pressing the + sign icon next to a game will bring you to some options which are saved for the game such as DMA mode, Softreset and Cheat, each with an on/off button.

you may want to try turning the dma off or on and see if that makes any difference .

woof811.

12. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

Already tried that. As a cheap alternative to the R4, its not looking good. I have been to that forum you suggested and I am not the only one having issues. some people are talking about bad contacts between the DSTT and micro card due to poor build quality. I have emailed my supplier and they have agreed to exchange for another one, if that fails I will get a refund !!!!!!!!!!!!
    So its in the post first thing tomorrow and we will see what happens with the next one. Thanks for taking the time to try and help. But after two days the mind is willing but the body is not

regards

Adamsky

13. woof811

woof811 Regular member

no probs mate , im kind of hopeing mine will be ok should arrive in a week or so , ill let you know how i get on once it comes .

woof811.

14. woof811

woof811 Regular member

@Adamsky , hello again long time no see lol

dstt has arrived , loaded the latest firmware ttmenu_v1.07 ( english ) and all is working fine mate no probs as yet .

using a kingston 2gb memory card formatted to fat16 ( fat ) and have tried about 20 ish roms so far all playing fine , even tried 1662 Contra 4 which was having probs loading using the previous firmware .1.06 but works fine with latest v1.07 !

all in all a very good cheap flash cart plays all roms tested so far and the interface dosent look too bad either .

micro sd is spring loaded like the old version of the r4ds , id imagine if people start having probs with the spring they would change it like the new r4ds v.2 ( no spring )

just thought id let you know how id got on mate , woof811

15. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

woof811, pleased your DSTT is working with 2gb micro sd. I have found freezing problems using 1 gb cards. I dont think the problem is the actual DSTT because if the card freezes in one of my DSTT it does same in other two that we have. Despite formatting, defraging, reloading, latest kernel etc. still freezing problems. Two of the cards work ok with 17 roms but any more and freezing screen, even though plenty of freespace on card. Finally Ive used 2 gb cards without problems except on one when loaded 34 roms (lots of freespace)but formatting and reloading solved it. Wonder if DSTT needs lots more freespace than R4 or M3? P.s. One of the 1gb cards that was freezing on DSTT worked in my M3 simply (just changed system files nothing else)

16. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

I have now recieved my replacement and it is very hit and miss at loading. Anyway question for you it mentions on the website about going back to the main menu without switching off. Hot key reset?
    L+R+A+B+X+Y how does this function work?

17. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

Adamsky, if you are playing a game and decide you want to leave it and go onto another, hold left, right, AND run thumb over A,B,X,Y (pressing them all at same time)will take you back to games menu, so you dont have to switch ds off and on again. You can only do this if the softreset is turned on in the option menu. Quite good at it after a bit of practise!!

18. woof811

woof811 Regular member

hello again can i ask which brand of memory card are you lot using for your dstt and what size they are and if they are sdhc memory cards ?

im was just wondering if the dstt has trouble with certain brands / sizes of memory cards including sdhc .

mine seems ok with kingston 2gb up to now , was wondering if i need to avoid any other brands or sizes .

thanks woof811.

ps. also which firmware are you using as well please v1.06 or v1.07.

19. Adamsky

Adamsky Member

Woof811

Thanks a million for that. still having issues with DS not recognising card, but worth the perseverance. Think an R4 is the only option. Afriend of family has one and it is a solid construvtion compared to the flimsy DSTT. Trouble is out of stock all over UK or way over priced. I have seen them for as much as three times the value. Thanks again.

regards
    Adamsky

20. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

Woof811 - the 1 gb are Sandisk,also have a 1 gb Apacer all micro sd cards (not sdhc) Both had problems freezing. The 2 gb that froze is sandisk. Have loaded 2gb Corsair no problems. I purchased them from UK seller but wonder if not the real thing. Like I said earlier, they all work in my M3 simply???