1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC 1300 DVD

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by batsi, Jul 18, 2003.

1. batsi

batsi Guest

Can somebody help me please. I have just installed the DVD writer (NEC 1300 DVD )and i've got a problem with the Verbatim DVD+R disc's. These discs are recommended by NEC but the drive will not recognise them. Could it be the drivers or is it the discs. The rw discs work ok as well as the cdr discs. Thanks._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Batsi[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2003
  2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

is it dfarll putsde cu my head hurts lie craxty , i need a dfeonl to decipher the 5m ile transmiddion tot ,e]

3. batsi

batsi Guest

What in Gods name are you on about.?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

To be honest, i haven't a clue. I was in a bad state last night. Im actually quite please i managed to work the computer at all :)

5. ludedude

ludedude Member

Do any other dvd+r's work? If not you probably have the same problem I had, you might need to reinstall your dvd burner software. I had Nero burning rom and it would recognize the burner but not burn disks. I upgraded it and still had the same problem. Then I found out I needed to get an oem version and install it then burnt the dvd fine.

Just a suggestion.

you might want to post your dvd burning software to help troubleshoot your problem too.

6. batsi

batsi Guest

Thanks ludedude,
    I have tried three differant types of dvdr media and none work.I have reinstalled the software and I am using Nero 5. 5. 10. 42. OEM.But my Burner will still not register the fact that there is a dvdr in the drive._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Batsi[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2003
  7. chettrick

chettrick Member

I have has the same problem with my NEC 1300. I have tried Verbatim and Memorex -R,-RW. Nero 5.5 and EZCD 5 Platinum with the latest updates. DVD X Copy also would not reconize drive.
    My drive is OEM which came with no driver and of course NEC will not give you the driver. I saw that the firmware updates above 1.05 can fry the drive.
    How many coasters does one make before sending the drive back?