1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC 2500a PROBLEMS! help

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by matr1x66, May 28, 2004.

1. matr1x66

matr1x66 Member

i have an NEC ND2500A DVD / CDR drive

for some reason , no matter what , even with the latest version of nero ( ultra 6.x ) the drive will only burn a MAX of 16x for any cdr , even many diff types of media , diffrent burning programs , the drive will only write my cdrs at 16x , yet the drive claims 32x..... what gives?

should i return it for a better cd writer or is there a fix

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Check to see if there is a newer firmware version than you already have. That usually helps.

Jerry

3. matr1x66

matr1x66 Member

firmware is 1.06 , appears updated...

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Is your blank CDR media rated at 32X or just 16X. The burn speed has to match the media rated speed in most cases. You can sometimes burn slower media at faster speeds but usually get errors.

Jerry

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Of course if your media is Memorex then that rule goes out the window .... got be a huge stack of 4X Memorex discs back in the day which could only burn at 2x ... same thing happened with their 16x discs (only up to 12x) .... make sure that the media can burn at the rated speed (check on a different drive)... oh and what's the ATIP on the discs....

CDRIdentifier allows you to read the ATIP on a blank cdr(w) (ATIP is essentially a code embedded into a CDR(W) that allows you to identify what company actually manufacturered the disc (as opposed to what company marketed it). For more info visit http://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/cdridentifier.cfm For DVD discs, a program called DVD Identifier is needed and can be obtained from http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

6. lilbabi

lilbabi Guest

same 2 me NEC 2500A