1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nec 2500a

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by randd, Apr 19, 2004.

1. randd

randd Member

hi all,
    just purchased a nec-2500a. have read some horror stories about nec support and updates but it was a good burner. i'm using nero 6 ultra w/updates for burning. i read something about that it needed dvdinfopro and patin-couffin access layer installed. can't find patin-couffin download any where. i trust the advise here. can you guy's help a newbie and tell me what i need. also have dvd shrink, dvd decrypter. need help-grandkids area ruining my movie collection.

thanks in advance keep up the good work on this sight
    randd

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Nero has all of the files it needs if you installed it from disk or D/L'd from Nero's website. It does not need DVDinfoPro nor the patin-couffin layer. DVDinfoPro is a great little program that is freeware. It tell you a lot of things about you blank media and will erase DVD-RW's and do read error checks. The layer you mention is used w/ DVDXcopy's Products and w/ someothers but you do not need this for Nero.
    Now you have everything you need:
    1. Shrink to decrypt and compress to 4.3 gb.
    2. Nero to burn what Shrink does
    3. DVDDecrypter to decrypt what Shrink can not.

Try backing up a couple of Disney Movies for the Grandkids but use RW's until you get everything correct.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004