1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC 3500AG Buffer zero with Nero 6.3.1.6 error & other errors

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by epyon96, Dec 31, 2004.

1. epyon96

epyon96 Member

Happy New Years everyone!!

I just recently purchased a NEC 3500 AG after reading many good reviews about it. My firmware has been recently upgraded to 2.18 using the NEC official firmware. My computer is a Shuttle 51 with a Pentium IV 2.4, 512 DDR 333 ram, 40 gigabytes 7200 hd.

I bought 8X Ridata media (DVD-R) which are identified as R05 and i recall people saying on this forum that R05 media are usually pretty good.

However, here is where my problem begins:
    I installed Nero 6.3.1.6 with no error messages at all. I defragmented my hard drive as many people say before burning. I try to burn a data DVD using my Ridata 8x DVD-R media with Nero 6.3.1.6 at 4x to ensure maximum capatibility.

When the burning is about to start, the buffer (not the read buffer but the buffer at the bottom) stays at 0%, and the status of the burn remains at 1% after like 10 minutes. At that point, i just stopped the DVD burning and it created a coaster as expected. I asked around and everyone told me that the status is supposdly to continuously finish moving to 100% constantly while the buffer is supposed to be 90%+. So far I wasted 5 DVD-Rs without any success.

Any assistance woudl be greatly appreciated.

2. epyon96

epyon96 Member

Additions:

My operating system is Windows XP SP2.

I also tried burning CDs using this burner. 2 of the 4 cds I burned at 16X (again for capatability reasons) failed to be read at any other computer. These are just data cds.

I am wondering if I am doing something majorly wrong or is there some setting that I am not aware of.

Another question is whether there is booksetting changing ability with the drive and how do I access it to change my DVD-R into DVD-Rom.

Thanks