1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC DVD burning stating incompatability with DVD

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by DebiField, Jul 29, 2008.

1. DebiField

DebiField Guest

Although I have been able to burn DVDs and CDs in the past, I have recently run into a problem with the DVDs reading an incompatability message when I've been working with the same Toast6 Titanium software and the same NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG burner for years. Does anyone out there know if there's a firmware update or anything I can do to once again burn DVDs? I can still burn CDs, it's just the DVDs I'm having a problem with burning. Perhaps it's the 16x DVDs? I tried to burn them on 8x speed. Still doesn't work. Please help me...

Sincerely ...

Debi

2. varnull

varnull Guest

You can try updating the firmware, or using a hacked one.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/overview-different-nec-firmwares-96140/

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/binflash-nec-optiarc-firmware-flasher-dumper-105676/

The binflash software is very easy to use, but as always attempt firmware updating at your own risk. Follow the guides carefully and everything will go well.. the drive should be capable of dealing with these disks after a firmware update.

##################################

List of supported devices:

Device : /dev/hdd
    Vendor : _NEC
    Model : DVD_RW ND-3550A
    Firmware : 1.05

List of supported devices:

Device : /dev/hdd
    Vendor : _NEC
    Model : DVD_RW ND-3550A
    Firmware : 1.Y6

As you can see it works flawlessly..

I don't like these new 16x disks. they are not good in lots of existing standalone players. They also seem to be very hard on burners. My 3550a stopped reading disks after a run in with one.. and I'm not happy about that..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008