1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nec nd-2500a

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hAj0, May 2, 2004.

1. hAj0

hAj0 Member

I have a nd-2500a dvd burner and am running windows xp.Last week I made backups of 4 of my movies no problem. I tried to use the burner today and it wont recognize any "blank" media either cd or dvd. I see nothing for support or firmware upgrades on NEC site. Any ideas?

Last edited: May 2, 2004
  2. RWG

RWG Regular member

3. hAj0

hAj0 Member

Thanks RWG but that wasnt it. In My Computer with no disk in drive it shows DVD-RW Drive (E:). Insert blank DVD-R disk and it changes to CD Drive (E:). Dbl click and get E:\Not Accessible/Incorrect Function. DVD Copy gets "App. Error 17236 Unable to initiate ASPI mgr." and Target/Browse for E: gives "not accessible/incorrect function" msg. also. Dont know what could have changed unit is only 3 weeks old.

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Try uninstalling the DVD Drive in Device Manager. Then re-boot and see if Windows installs the drive correctly.

5. hAj0

hAj0 Member

Unfortunately the only thing that has not been uninstalled and reinstalled in my many attempts to fix this is winblows. Is that Linux I see over there?