1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC ND-3520A (to buy or not to buy?)

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by alwill, Apr 16, 2005.

1. alwill

alwill Member

Read from a personal review that this burner will only read encrypted DVD's at 1X. What problems have shown up on your 3500-3520's. Anandtech.com's reviewer gave this burner his "Choice Award" for 16X DL burners because of performance + price. Can buy at Zipzoomfly for $66 (OEM) delivered but am worried if burner is problematic. Any and all comments will be greatly appreciated.

2. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Check www.newegg.com
    There you will find this NEC burner for as low as $52 + shipping (if you don't need the lite software, cable, facy retail box etc.). Many customer reviews are avalable. Even have choice of Black, Beige, or Silver but must look under all three to see all the reviews. For a few more dollars you can get the box, insturctions, and the worthless software. Personally, I have never heard anything bad about this burner, which is thought to be as good or better than Pioneer, just a notch below Plextor.

3. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

I purchased this burner a couple of weeks ago from NewEgg. The first time I installed it and tried to use it, the open/close button was jammed. I returned it and got a replacement (quick turnaround time) and I am very pleased with it. I paid $56 for the burner and it cost me $14 to return it, but NewEgg reimbursed me for the shipping charges. I was pleased with the burner and the service. I used it to replace an external POS LiteOn 851S that stopped recognizing any type of media and would not burn anymore.

4. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Well I hope they're good cause I just ordered 2 of them for the new PC I'm building.
    HW.

5. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

Definately a strong buy. I have one that I just flashed to L&D 1UF and it rips at awesome speeds and burns 8x media at 12x and 16x. The dive is quiet and the picture quality is great. The stock firmware is A104 but Liggy abd Dee have outdone themselves, 1UF is the way to go.

6. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

7. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

Thats where I got mine. NewEgg is great. I got the black one for 48.99USD free shipping. It was here in two days.