1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC VERSA E6200 noisy FAN

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by zheilwane, Sep 13, 2007.

1. zheilwane

zheilwane Member

Any1 here using NEC VERSA E6200? My laptop fan is noisy, my freinds using other other brands with almost the same spec as mine doenst have this problem, their laptops doenst have the fan noise at all... Is NEC unable to produce good cooling system like other brands? even DELL with bad reputation in my country could do it, y cant NEC?

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

What are you testing it on, and what environment are you using it on? It may help to elevate it above a desk so it can get more air to cool. Plus, most laptops make a reasonable amount of noise when playing games or HD films, but it should be quiet at the desktop. if it isn't, tough luck I'm afraid.

3. zheilwane

zheilwane Member

It is reasonable when it is noisy if i m playing games but the problem is, the noise starts when i turn on my laptop. i put my laptop beside a toshiba with spec almost same as mine, i could only hear the noise from my laptop and toshiba... SILENT, no sound at all.

How could NEC let such poor quality laptops out in the market? i was deceived by the salesman, i tested the machine and found out the sound was extremely soft n the quality is terrible bt he says it was bcoz the shop is noisy so i couldnt hear the music i tested clearly. THe FAN problem occurs few months after i purchase this laptop. THe touchpad is terrible as well, not very sensitive and smooth. I paid i fairly high price for a rubbish... Toshiba, dell, hp, compaq and many more offer better spec at a much lower price, i choosed this as i thought the brand was reliable and i believe the high price might be due to the high quality of the product, but THIS NEC is expensive but low quality.. totally disappointed, i wont buy NEC and i will spread the news to my friends and every1 not to buy NEC.

4. zheilwane

zheilwane Member

No doubt the fan is noisy due to high temperature of the laptop. It spins for around 6 seconds and stop for 2 seconds, as time passes it will spin continuously and the noise gets a bit louder. However, during winter, it was freaking cold (around 10 degree celcius), the fan is still noisy..... i was cold like freezing while the fan is still noisy.. my laptops should b cool that time, i dont understand y it is still noisy..

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Is it hot to the touch? It may just have a dumb fan controller. Not all NEC stuff is bad, I've been impressed by NEC DVD writers and TVs.

6. zheilwane

zheilwane Member

nope, jus a little, very little warm near the touchpad, i think it is the hard drive's location. THe air blown out is not hot but sometimes it is a little bit warm. I got a friend using ACER, his laptop is extremely hot but the fan is nt as noisy as mine. NEC really should do something, this poor quality laptop model will ruin their long built reputation, my sister used NEC laptop 3 years ago and said it was good, that was why i rather pay more to get a better laptop. NEC should call back the E6200 model or upgrade it which i think is very impossible as this will cost them big bucks. If every1 is spreading the news that the NEC laptop is of low quality like mine, NEC laptop's sales will definately decline sharply in the future... GOOD LUCK NEC (NOT an EFFICIENT COMPUTER)

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Al that just because of a noisy fan?

8. zheilwane

zheilwane Member

lol, not jus the FAN, the speaker n touchpad is of low quality as well. I could get a laptop with slightly better spec than mine at USD110-USD150 cheaper, if i bought dell instead, i got get it $200-250 cheaper. It is really sad when you paid so much and what u got back is so little. You will be like me if u paid the price for a ferrari but u were given an old cranky car. So far only these three problems, the performance is about at the same standard of other odinary laptops but the adapter is quite sensitive, if u move it a little, most probably the power will be gone, most probabably the plug connecting to the laptop is a little bit loose.

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The speaker on the HP nx6110 my parents have is terrible, but then it was a cheaper laptop. Generally laptop speakers are to be avoided. A £5 set of speakers is infinitely better in terms of sound quality.

10. zheilwane

zheilwane Member

i have done a comparison with other laptops that was y i could say it loudly that NEC's toucpad n speaker r of low quality. Other brands have a reasonabla quality speaker. I personally bought a new portable speaker wish has the same quality of other brand laptops.

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I guess laptops are something NEC haven't got right yet. The reviews I read seem to give it 5 or 6 out of 10, but don't seem to mention sound quality, they do however mention low signals with the inbuilt wireless adapter...

12. zheilwane

zheilwane Member