1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a audio card with output to hook to vcr???

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by kentucky1, Apr 20, 2005.

1. kentucky1

kentucky1 Member

Please tell me a audio card that i can install in my pc that i can use rca/av jacks to hook to a vcr?
    I have a video card that i can hook to the vcr now i need the audio!
    Thanks if you can give me a model number and brand name as i dont know what to look for even if you tell me.
    thanks

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

You can just run the speaker output to the VCR if you need sound. If that jack uses a 1/8" phono plug just get a cable with the correct plugs you need on each end. Radio Shack makes them.

3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

But try your best to stay awaw from radio rip off. Wall mart, Best Buy and Circuit city sell the above mentioned cables. And dollars cheaper than Radio Shack.

4. kentucky1

kentucky1 Member

thanks....so i iwll be looking for a 1/8 speaker connection with an av style jack on the other end?

5. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Oh yeah, another thing you may want to consider. Getting a Y cable so you can have the VCR and the speakers hooked up at the same time. The cable looks like this: On one end it has the male headphone jack. On the other end it has 2 female headphone jacks. This part at Radio Smack is $25. Wal Mart had one for $7. Wal Mart does not always have this part. Best but and Circuit city is $10.

Plug your VCR into one and your system speakers into the other. Keep in mind that the Windows Volume controll will be the only thing changing sound levels to the VCR. Turning your speakers up and down (on the speakers)will not effect volume to the VCR.