1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a bit of help.....

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pcplod72, Aug 7, 2007.

1. pcplod72

pcplod72 Guest

Hello guys and gals....

Need a wee bit of help here. I've built a new system and thgins were going well until I got the following message....

"Windows Could Not Start Because of a Computer Disk Hardware Configuration Problem" along with a bit ore of said message saying to check my manual.

Now the problem i have is that this is a new system, i had attempted to install XP on the system, but realised that i had not set the Bios to my recognise my hard drive.

I have tried to install XP on both my old hdd and a brand new hdd. I have researched the problem, but it only says to change you boot or install the recovery off your disk, but i cannot do this!

Help anyone???? please????

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Does the problem occur with one of the HDDs removed?

3. Wilbow

Wilbow Guest

Need a bit more info really, when you ask for help list all the names and specs of your equipment.
    Is it a RAID motherboard, if so, have you configured the ARRAY? You still need to configure an array if there is only one drive installed unless you select IDE mode. Is it a IDE HDD or SATA? if its IDE have you put the hdd as master of the primary channel? If its sata have you got a boot floppy to install drivers for XP. When your XP CD boots for installation, right after it says ' SETUP IS INSPECTING YOUR COMPUTER ' it says at the bottom of the screen, 'Press F6 if you need to install 3rd party raid or SCSI driver' you need a floppy with the relevant drivers for your motherboard, you need to do this for a sata HDD or XP cant see it.