1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need a directx 9.0c graphics driver

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by yoyojedi, Dec 20, 2005.

1. yoyojedi

yoyojedi Guest

I have looked all over the web, and I can't seem to be able to find one that I can download. I need one because I just dumped my whole computer and reinstalled everything and its not there, I have a radeon 9200 video card and the reason I need a directx graphics driver is because my wife plays sims 2 on the computer and it won't play without one. I have windows xp home edition on my computer but when I try to download the driver from microsoft it says that I failed verification. Please help, I'm not that computer savvy yet but I'm learning more and more each day so if you are able to help me please write down detailed instructions. Thanks Much love the afterdawn site.

2. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

hey dude, it must feel kinda weird taking advice from a 15 year old huh...
    anyway to help, the easiest method to get DirectX 9 would be from a computer game disc, pretty much any game that needs direct x, has actually got the installer on the disc itself... (NB: there is no such thing as an actual DirectX9 video driver, well there is but it is not meant as an actual Nvidia or Ati graphics driver)

the other way is to go to the microsoft web site and search through the download categories for the DirectX, or even use the Windows Update, it might be in there...

hope this helps...

3. yoyojedi

yoyojedi Guest

i installed the sims 2 which needs the direct x graphics driver and it doesn't have it on it. I have tried to go through microsofts website but it says that I fail verification or something like that. Thanks for your help anyway.

4. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

5. yoyojedi

yoyojedi Guest

Thank You!!!! Now it works only problem is the screen is really small. I will try to figure it out. My Wife thanks you much Phantom.

6. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

no problem, if you need any further assistance with this do not hesitate to pm me...

7. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

nest time try using a legal copy of windows xp

that is why you failed product verification microsoft has gone to this verifecation system to stop hackers from using illegal copys of windows xp

8. yoyojedi

yoyojedi Guest

i lost my cd for windows and a friend brought his over and was kind enough to let me use his.