1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a driver for ASUS CRW-4824AH

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by keynote1, Oct 9, 2004.

1. keynote1

keynote1 Member

I need the driver for the CRW-4824AH. I've searched the interenet and even searched the ASUS website, but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have it that they would be willing to zip a copy or something and share it?

Thanks,
    Dee

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2004
  3. keynote1

keynote1 Member

wow! that was fast! thank you!
    but is CRW-4824A and CRW-4824AH the same? I tried one and it said it couldn't be found...

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Just spoke to a friend who works for Asus -- letter H is a production reference and CRW-4824A is what you need.

It is firmware you are looking for ~~ right ?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2004
  5. keynote1

keynote1 Member

I can't get my crw-4824ah to be found by any recording software. I always get a message saying there is no cd-recorders available. It doesn't matter what software I install and try, I get the same message.
    My computer is a hp pavilion, it has all the drivers etc with the install cd's. windowsME is what is with the software when it loads up.
    I made two cd's, and then formatted and reinstalled. Now I have this problem.

I tried downloading firmware... to update the driver, but it does no good, I get the message that there is no crw--- to update. I've removed the cd-rom and re-installed, but still does no good.

It will act as a regular cd-rom, but no burning...

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Then you not looking for firmware --- !!

you are looking for the driver for the CD burner. Those should be on your HP installation Cd.

You can always try to go in Device Manager and right click your CRW-4824AH -- select Update driver and take it from there -- either let it go look on your HP Installation CD -- or go to Microsoft online Library.-- (or even uninstall in Device Manager and reboot so it will ask for it) !

7. keynote1

keynote1 Member

yep, tried all that before I found this site, lol.

I emailed ASUS and maybe they will answer me with a solution. Who knows, ha...

thank you for your help, tho..

8. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Sorry, but i think it's your PC manufacturer that has the solution -- Asus will refer you to HP ! Those OEM Pcs are totally out of Asus hands ! they sell the drives to HP and HP looks after them.

9. keynote1

keynote1 Member

alright, thank you for your help, I'll contact hp...

Dee