1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED A DVD BURNER

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by raptor190, Mar 19, 2007.

1. raptor190

raptor190 Guest

Hi im looking for a dvd burner to backup xbox games and i need to Opinions on which one to get. Im looking at a price range of $30-50 dollars. I need one that can burn DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL,DVD+R,and DVD-R.Opinions would be greatly appriciated.Also good websites. I Have Windows XP home edition if that helps.If i am posting this in the wrong section and please notify me and HELP ME. Pretty PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

2. raptor190

raptor190 Guest

Suggestions?????????

3. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.meritline.com/benq-dw1655-lightscribe-16x-dvd-burner-oem.html
    that is the one i have, except in black. It can burn any of the normal media types. It can do lightscribe if that is your thing, although i never use it. It can also booktype media from DVD+R to DVD-Rom which will help with compatibility with game systems. And it works great. The cheaper one is the OEM drive, which if you do not know means it just comes as the drive, not the retail type which comes in a box with Nero software. But you save $20. And unless you use Nero a lot you do not need any software for the drive itself. You will need an IDE cable, but you can just use the one from your current drive if you like. You can get the lightscribe software online for free, you can get the BenQ utrility called Qsuite online for free as well. I have been using this burner for over a year now and have burned movies, music, PS2, Xbox, & Xbox 360 games using it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  4. raptor190

raptor190 Guest

Does this drive come with a warrenty or anything?

5. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

Sony AW-G170A with a modified firmware for bitsetting - out of 100 DVD burnt, no coasters at all. I always burn at 4x only.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

check the site, i have no idea what the warranty on an OEM drive would be. If you are scared then pay the extra money and get the one in a retail box.

As far as Sony burners go, they are good while they last. I had one and it game me flawless results, but only for 2 years then it quit working.